Hacking 3DS XL/LL: how will DS Games look?

Peleep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys

The 3DS XL is coming soon. Assuming it's just a big 3DS, flash carts like DSTwo and Aceskard 2i etc will work.

Any one know/ have views on how DS games will look on the bigger screen? Just like they do on the DSi XL, or better?

All I can find is that the new 3DS XL will be compatible with most DS games, but no mention of how they will look.

Thanks!

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDhWnQ6qNKQ

To sum it up: It looks better than on the normal 3DS, even though the screen is bigger.

Reactions: 3 people

Peleep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDhWnQ6qNKQ

To sum it up: It looks better than on the normal 3DS, even though the screen is bigger.

Thanks! I wonder what the guy was saying when he was trying the DS game!?!

Looks pretty good. Pity it doesn't fill the whole screen.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No, if it filled the whole screen, it would look ugly. The transformation would make all the characters fat. That's the best you're gonna get since the aspect ratios are different.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As big as that screen is, imagine playing emulators on a flash cart on there. 8bit games will look like gigantic colored blocks :P But I would love playing old school games on it... I'd like to see a video of virtual console games on the xl.

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Starting at 1:10
He's comfortable to hold.
In my opinion the buttons are better than the ones on the 3DS.
The D-Pad is more or less identical, except that it's not glossy anymore so you don't slip off so easy.
The circlepad seems to be the same size. It feels more slip-proof.
(Leaves game.)
This time I'll start the game in fullscreen mode.
Once we get some color...
(Title screen appears.)
This looks better than on the 3DS.
On the 3DS the scaling wasn't this good.
(They then talk about the charger and put in a 3DS game afterwards.)

Reactions: 1 person

giavol

Trophies
XP
Country
They really wont give a charger with it! This is pretty stupid on their part they could have kept their sd card and put a charger instead.The lady in the video says that because of the yen Nintendo couldn't afford to put a charger in the box.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact that the bottom screen doesnt fill out of DS games makes it seem like it might be weird playing touch heavy DS games. (Since the 3DS had the same size as the original, there wasnt a black border around it)

Either way, i still plan on getting one

Jaredmf1012

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
They really wont give a charger with it! This is pretty stupid on their part they could have kept their sd card and put a charger instead.The lady in the video says that because of the yen Nintendo couldn't afford to put a charger in the box.
Yeah, I think they are only including chargers in North America... weird business choice if you ask me.

giavol

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I think they are only including chargers in North America... weird business choice if you ask me.
its not weird from the business point of view but it is implied that if you sell something that uses electricity you will give the means to connect it. The weird part is that they implying that everybody who buys it has a charger. This is lower than Sony´s memory card scheme.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn