Homebrew 3DS XL issues

JLCollins005

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys and Gals,

I apologize now because I'm sure there is a fix for this posted but I've tried a few things I found searching with no luck.

I recently picked up a cheap 3ds xl and upon getting home I plugged it in to charge it and the orange light would go on for a few then shut off, so then I figured I'll just power it up and the blue light no screen/audio came on for a few and shut off. After googling that I found a bunch of threads talking about replacing files for a mod that can cause that to happen, I found an SD in the device and sure enough it appears to have some boot.firm, etc.

That leads me to where I'm stuck, I've tried doing what some people have suggested and either the light comes on and instantly goes off or stays on for a few seconds then goes off, asking for help.

Thanks,

JLCollins005

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't hear anything at first but after reading more about this noise I started listening for it and I do hear a faint popping noise. Decided to open it up and found that one of the shoulder buttons ribbon cables is broken. I don't know if that is causing it but I did order a new cable.

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I didn't hear anything at first but after reading more about this noise I started listening for it and I do hear a faint popping noise. Decided to open it up and found that one of the shoulder buttons ribbon cables is broken. I don't know if that is causing it but I did order a new cable.
The shoulder button ribbon cable probably wouldn't cause that, the shutting off with popping noises usually happens when one of the more important system components like the screens or speakers are missing or not connected properly.

Reactions: fmkid

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The most common cause is the upper screen ribbon cable got slightly unseated, or damaged. It can happen from normal wear and tear opening and closing the console many times especially if it was owned by a kid who was rough with it. Try reseating the ribbon cable, if that doesn't help, it may be damaged. If it's damaged, you have to replace the entire upper screen as the ribbon cable is soldered on and difficult or impossible to replace. There are other possible causes too however.

Reactions: fmkid and IC_

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.