3DS XL FLASHCARD

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Astrag, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Astrag
    OP

Astrag Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2014
    Belgium
    Hello, I have a 3DS XL with firmware 4.5.0-10E.
    I am looking now for the best flashcard to play all my DS LITE-games, DSI-games and/or 3DS-games in Dutch
    I was looking for cards which work with 4.5.0-10E, but heard that the firmware is automatically upgraded when you connect to internet, to the latest firmware. In this way a lot of flashcards won't work anymore.
    Can anyone advice me a card, of which the manufacturer regularly upgrades the firmware ?

Thanks

2. elmoemo

elmoemo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 4, 2012
    For 3ds games the best option is gateway. There are alternatives but gateway is top at the minute. With it you'll get 2 cards one that can be used for ds games, I'm not sure if dsi games are different or not as never played one

3. Astrag
    OP

Astrag Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2014
    Belgium

Thank you for your reply, but you say never to update. I heard updates are automatically installed when you go online with the 3DS XL ? So you can never avoid updating ?

4. Astrag
    OP

Astrag Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2014
    Belgium
    If you want to play only ds lite-games what's the best card then ?

5. Don21

Don21 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 9, 2014
    Netherlands
    Zuid Holland
    You also must look if you 3ds isnt partially updated. You see a mii icon on the top right corner. If there is no mii verse icon you good to go to get a Gateway. Im very happy with it cost me 65 euro in holland

6. Don21

Don21 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 9, 2014
    Netherlands
    Zuid Holland

I dont know automatically update. You could avoid it by setting your
    Wifi off, dont put ur internet settings until you updated your 3DS XL to gateway mode.

In gateway mode you can update it. But be aware you must be on Emunand and not the orginal sys.