yuyuyup

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To the people here that aren't obvious troll baiters: thank you for responding, I have definitely tried recalibrating the stylus, it's NOT the stylus at all; I can hold down an icon (or when drawing a note/Colors 3DS) and turn the 3D on and off, which turns the jiggle on and off. It is extremely noticeable, it is not subtle at all, I would probably imagine this WILL be fixed in a firmware update. The point of this thread was to verify that my system is not an isolated issue, so thanks much to CrimzonEyed. To the OBVIOUS troll baiter, I will never address you specifically, I will never fall for your tactics again. I am meticulously relevant with my postings these days. Did you not get the memo ?

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i like when ppl complain, a lot. i'm happy when they suffer over little things like this, since, being a car mechanic, i deal with ppl complaining about little squeaks and rattles all day. you should return it where you bought it if it bothers you stating the touch screen is faulty. done deal.

Reactions: 1 person

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
To the people here that aren't obvious troll baiters: thank you for responding, I have definitely tried recalibrating the stylus, it's NOT the stylus at all; I can hold down an icon (or when drawing a note/Colors 3DS) and turn the 3D on and off, which turns the jiggle on and off. It is extremely noticeable, it is not subtle at all, I would probably imagine this WILL be fixed in a firmware update. The point of this thread was to verify that my system is not an isolated issue, so thanks much to CrimzonEyed. To the OBVIOUS troll baiter, I will never address you specifically, I will never fall for your tactics again. I am meticulously relevant with my postings these days. Did you not get the memo ?
Chill dude. Yours (I think) is most likely a software issue. The hardware could not possibly make it jitter.

Wait for a firmware update first. If that problem is still there, consider sending it down.

yuyuyup

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Same here on a European 3DSXL
Tested it on my brothers normal 3DS and it did not have the same "issue"
Thanks again for your verification video, I called Nintendo today and they told me to send it in for repair so apparently it must not be something to be addressed with a firmware update. Thanks to everyone here that verified their system, and offered tips. To the one troll baiter here, you've taught me so much about reacting to such obvious tactics. Please move on to your next target, or hey, you could just get a life.

CircusMaximusBC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have a brand new XL, when the power saver mode is OFF, 3D is ON, and it's UNPLUGGED, brightness on 5 (full,) when I touch/drag things in the lower corner, my stylus dragging gets extremely jittery. When I turn the 3D off, the jitter is gone. Power saver ON, no jitter. Brightness below 5, no jitter. Plugged IN, no jitter. Can anyone else replicate this ?

Anything dragged in any situation in the upper right quarter of the screen does not jitter.

I'll make a video if requested

hmmmm my red xl does this as well and like yours only when everything is set like you said . mine seems to do it only in the bottom right of the touch screen

X7Desu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Same problem here. Blue EU from Amazon.de.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22otZxkrjA4
This presents on any brightness, when 3DS is plugged or not. But only on DS mode (both 1:1 and fullscreen).
Everything is playable, but this bug is very annoying.
Not sure what to do — return it or wait for a new firmware.

retrodoctor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't this a problem with people when the Wii came out and then they found out that no human hand is naturally trained to be completely stationary?

EDIT: Wouldn't this also be a problem with the screen size of an XL since you would be moving the stylus an actual pixel if you tried to keep it still and the folder is simply reacting to your movement?

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
it's filmed with my brothers 3DS :P
If you use a 3DS to record the top screen, can you record games in 3D?
Theoretically, yes. I presume the 3DS is set to work best for 'normal' human eye positioning (about 6.5cm apart, 30cm from screen etc.) but if you took the 3DS' cameras out and positioned them right (or found the equivalent distance that the 3DS needs to be from the screen to mimic normal eyes) then it would be able to 'see' the 2 separate images.

That brings me onto another question that I woke up wondering about this morning (yes I'm that sad :P). I was going to post a thread about this but I might as well ask here anyway; How far apart are the 3DS XL's cameras positioned? Because if they are further apart than the 3DS (34.5mm centre to centre) then that would create a stronger 3D effect.

yuyuyup

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't this a problem with people when the Wii came out and then they found out that no human hand is naturally trained to be completely stationary?

EDIT: Wouldn't this also be a problem with the screen size of an XL since you would be moving the stylus an actual pixel if you tried to keep it still and the folder is simply reacting to your movement?
The jittery effect goes away entirely once the 3D is turned off, or the screen brightness is turned down, or the system gets plugged in (x7desu's 3ds and one other from another topic have slightly different variables.) Obviously you can't hold your hand perfectly still, but there can still be a jittery effect on the Wii IR if your battery is low, IR bar isn't lined up correctly, etc.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
How far apart are the 3DS XL's cameras positioned? Because if they are further apart than the 3DS (34.5mm centre to centre) then that would create a stronger 3D effect.
Doesn't matter. You can always just "shift" things in or out of focus (align objects in the image) to create softer or stronger (shallow or deep) 3D effects. Although it does affect the width of the perceived image. The wider the distance between the cameras, the smaller the "overlap" between the two images and the narrower the image perceived (only the overlapping area is seen with both eyes; the area outside becomes perimeter vision and is largely ignored).

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
How far apart are the 3DS XL's cameras positioned? Because if they are further apart than the 3DS (34.5mm centre to centre) then that would create a stronger 3D effect.
Doesn't matter. You can always just "shift" things in or out of focus (align objects in the image) to create softer or stronger (shallow or deep) 3D effects. Although it does affect the width of the perceived image. The wider the distance between the cameras, the smaller the "overlap" between the two images and the narrower the image perceived (only the overlapping area is seen with both eyes; the area outside becomes perimeter vision and is largely ignored).
Yeah, that's what I meant, I just couldn't think of a way to describe it. :P

Anne Noise

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My US Red 3DS XL does this also, though I've only noticed discrepancies on the system menu and not in any games. (Yet.) I assumed it was the stylus hovering between two points on the touch matrix?

yuyuyup

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My US Red 3DS XL does this also, though I've only noticed discrepancies on the system menu and not in any games. (Yet.) I assumed it was the stylus hovering between two points on the touch matrix?
I've experienced the jitter with the program "Colors! 3D," it's definitely not the two-points (at least for me,) I can effectively turn the bug off when I either plug in the system, or turn the 3D off, or turn down the screen brightness. It might be different for you but it sounds like the same prob

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1