Hardware 3DS XL Battery Comparison

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My eyes immediately zoomed in on all the nintendo stuff on the second video. What a collection...
Anywho, the first video was really entertaining to watch XD I felt sad at how fast the regular 3ds lasted though... but any who, its nice to see how well the xl battery life lasts! Thisll stop all the haters from complaining that its not really an increased battery life at all...
EDIT: I'd Like to know what battery extender he is using on that 3ds, fifteen hours straight sounds amazing..

flygon12345

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
India
.......na got the 3ds original better than xl but i want that extra battery thingy...holy shit lasted for more than 15 hours perfect for travel and when at home remove it and have fun...totally the best with the extra battery

but anyone here know what the battery is called or anything about it

Reactions: 1 person

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
Good, but I likely worse with 3D turned on, and if you got a 3DS, I'd like to think you got it to use 3D.
And I think the battery thing people may be on about is the Nyko Circle pad pro? Apparently triples battery life. Due out in october, but I havent noticed nyko stuff for 3DS available in UK weirdly, but I'll gladly import I think.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Sadly the Vita test is unfair since bluetooth is on and the others have no BT.

The 3DS XL lasts about 1 hour more than the regular even with the far bigger screens. I'm impressed actually.

Reactions: 1 person

flygon12345

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
India

The 3DS XL lasts about 1 hour more than the regular even with the far bigger screens. I'm impressed actually.
it was mentioned every wireless option is disabled including bt and 3ds with that battery is 10 times better than the xl....xl has better battery and bigger screen thats it ..no better camera or anything so LOL

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

it was mentioned every wireless option is disabled including bt and 3ds with that battery is 10 times better than the xl....xl has better battery and bigger screen thats it ..no better camera or anything so LOL
The main selling point of the XL is that big screen.

flygon12345

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
India

The main selling point of the XL is that big screen.
ya good :) but that extra battery is too epic and u know that too

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
so the xl battery is not that much improvement from the original 3ds is it? only by a hour :S i wonder how long the 3ds xl can keep it's charge after fully charging it? my dsi xl can stay charged for weeks of not using it, it has a very good battery.

edit: the second video was quite impressive, the 3DS with battery pack outlived all the handhelds on the table XD the original gameboy lasted just as long because it uses AA batteries not like the more recent batteries that don't a charge well, and as expected the DSI xl battery lasted quite a while too, the batteries are quite good on the dsi xl's

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
so the xl battery is not that much improvement from the original 3ds is it? only by a hour :S i wonder how long the 3ds xl can keep it's charge after fully charging it? my dsi xl can stay charged for weeks of not using it, it has a very good battery.

edit: the second video was quite impressive, the 3DS with battery pack outlived all the handhelds on the table XD the original gameboy lasted just as long because it uses AA batteries not like the more recent batteries that don't a charge well, and as expected the DSI xl battery lasted quite a while too, the batteries are quite good on the dsi xl's
The 3DS XL can last about 8 hours on average playing DS games, which is about 2 hours longer than the original.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He says what it is right in the video...:unsure:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnShoguK8JE

Not going to lie, watch the first one a few times.

I wonder if people will make a battery extender for even the XL? :lol:

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for going a little off-topic but..

If there's one battery extender I really need to get my hands on it's this:

It's a small easily detachable battery extender that doubles the battery life. It charges with the same cable and even comes in matching colors.
The battery pack is cheap too, to bad I haven't found a store that ships the Nitho branded one to Sweden. :(
DSC_3865.jpg
Though I came across this ebay listing, it's not the same brand but it supposedly doubles the battery too, might be worth a shot actually.
http://www.ebay.com/...=item3a72b6fb02

I'll order one and create a thread if it's any good.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to hope that with the 3ds running about 15 hours on that power pak, the 3dsxl may run anywhere from 18-20 hours on a powerpak. But of course, it depends on what brand of powerpak. Im hoping nyko will announce that cpp/battery extender for the xl as well.

LockeCole_101629

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
hopefully it would be better.
I have DSi & XL, I never touch my dsi after purchasing XL due bigger screen (well ofcourse), and also yes...it last longer than dsi.

though anyone might not notice, but I found XL version have better (way too much better) quality.
better package, sound, battery, and case which is not look so damn cheapo. probably because the glossy paint on front case, and another different color for back case.

I'll wait for another years or probably until there's a flashcart can play 3ds roms ( I might never buy it :D )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all