3DS won't turn on without rd card

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ThodorisGR, May 21, 2017.

1. ThodorisGR
    OP

ThodorisGR Newbie

Newcomer
    May 21, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Hey guys please I need help. I'm noob and i think my 3ds is dead. 6 hours ago I tried to install on my 3ds the cfw a9lh.. my filmware on my 3ds it was 11.3.0-36. I was reading a guide how to do that without mistakes.. but then I tried to install the bin from the 3ds browser (2xrsa.3ds.guide) and my 3ds stuck and won't turn on anymore. Can turn on only with rd card. Without the sd card its not. So like i said im noob... i tried to update my 3ds to 11.4.0-37 and now I can't do anything..... Same problem and I can't install the cfw too.. any idea?

2. Dionicio3

Dionicio3 Some Cool Skiddo

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    Hollister, CA
    It's normal that it won't boot without sd card, and what happens when you hold select when turning your DS on?

3. skullkeeper94

skullkeeper94 Professional USB Corrupter

Jun 21, 2016
    United States
    I don't know the issue, but updating probably screwed you over

4. ThodorisGR
    OP

ThodorisGR Newbie

Newcomer
    May 21, 2017
    Gambia, The
    It show me (luna 6.6) and some options... what I need to select?

5. LowTides

LowTides Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2017
    ThodorisGR likes this.
  6. ThodorisGR
    OP

ThodorisGR Newbie

Newcomer
    May 21, 2017
    Gambia, The
  7. LowTides

LowTides Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2017
    Download the latest version of Godmode9 - https://github.com/d0k3/GodMode9/releases

Drag the .bin into luma/payloads and rename it "left_Godmode9"

Hold down left, power on, continue from Section IV - Step 3.

ThodorisGR likes this.
  8. LinkSoraZelda

LinkSoraZelda GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    Land of the Rising Orange
    I hope OP eventually got his issue fixed. If his console never turned on and he never went to 2xrsa, he isn't completed. His console won't boot due to the 2.1 HOME Menu data clashing with what's on the SD Card. Which is why you can't boot with an SD Card in on 2.1.

ThodorisGR likes this.
  9. ThodorisGR
    OP

ThodorisGR Newbie

Newcomer
    May 21, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Thanks anyone guys!!! . My issue is now fixed. Just one last question...
    I see is available system update on 3ds. It's safe to update my 3ds now?

10. LowTides

LowTides Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2017
    You can, only thing is if you're on O3DS make sure to use the 11.2 homebrew payload, just rename it to the 11.4 equivalent. Additionally, ctr-httpwn was patched, and thus can't be used to access online features while outdated on 11.4.

I personally haven't been bothered updating from 11.2, just mainly because everything works, especially with ctr-httpwn to gain access to online stuff that requires an update.

11. N7Kopper

N7Kopper Proud lover of a three-inch girlfriend

Aug 24, 2014
    Hey, OP. You should update to boot9strap to keep getting support for things like Luma3DS and Godmode9.
    It might not seem like such an upgrade at first, but it makes the developers lives much easier, so you'll be seeing some cool features in the coming weeks.