Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheDarkSeed said:
Wow, I hope Nintendo designs a revision looking nothing like the current 3DS.

Yeah me to, thats the whole purpose of this post...well partly...
tongue.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
KingVamp said:
Ok, how 'bout we have just one handheld with Sony and Nintendo behind it. How 'bout that for "Revolutionary".
tpi.gif
tongue.gif
2qk8rcz.jpg

This is from a few years ago, a more current version would also include dual analogs but I can't be arsed ATM.

T.Kuranari

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nintendo has history regarding hardware patches. First they released a WM+ adapter to improve the Wiimote and then they released a new built-in WM+ Wiimote. Now they apparently are doing basically the same with the 3DS.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a Loooong shot, but it would be just great if Nintendo designed it similar to the Kyocera Echo. I mean the folding mechanism and the gorilla glass(if those screens are gonna be touching all the time
dry.gif
).

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheDarkSeed said:
It's a Loooong shot, but it would be just great if Nintendo designed it similar to the Kyocera Echo. I mean the folding mechanism and the gorilla glass(if those screens are gonna be touching all the time
dry.gif
).
I couldn't agree with you more. I'd love to be able to fold back my 3/DS screens.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Uncomfortable.
Placing the 1st analogue stick directly Above/Below the DPad works fine because the Dpad is only used occasionally for weapon changes or whatever so you're not switching a lot. Adding a second Analogue stick directly above/below the ABXY buttons however....blech. Uncomfortable to hold, uncomfortable to switch all the time. Blech. Only the PSPGo/PSPhone designs lend themselves to dual analogue. THey've got the space to arrange the buttons correctly.

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
Uncomfortable.
Placing the 1st analogue stick directly Above/Below the DPad works fine because the Dpad is only used occasionally for weapon changes or whatever so you're not switching a lot. Adding a second Analogue stick directly above/below the ABXY buttons however....blech. Uncomfortable to hold, uncomfortable to switch all the time. Blech. Only the PSPGo/PSPhone designs lend themselves to dual analogue. THey've got the space to arrange the buttons correctly.
That's why the should have increased the size of it. A necessary sacrifice.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure if it came to it they could have added another slide pad like in the mock ups I made easily, especially the way chips and crap are made so small.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Centrix said:
I'm sure if it came to it they could have added another slide pad like in the mock ups I made easily, especially the way chips and crap are made so small.

It's not the chips that prevent it. It's the battery itself. The only way they could have added that 2nd slider in the original design is if the entire unit was thicker.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still fail to see WHY we need a second slidepad. It's not a nessesity, really, and looks like it'd only be incredibly uncomfortable to use. This ain't a PS3 or 360 gamepad with the entire thing designed with it. It's something with a screen in between everything.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Capcom crew working on MH Tri G claims that the slide pad is comfortable - true or licking ninty's ass?

Anyway, I don't see any harm in it. It's huge and hideous (at least in the image which isn't representing any final product), but it's just an optional add on. Dual analogs are always welcomed, but the only factor is price. Nintendo better do a right one though, especially when the 3DS is already unofficially in trouble.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
alunral said:
I still fail to see WHY we need a second slidepad. It's not a nessesity
You just answered your own failure of sight, it's exactly that.

Let me continue that sentence then. It's not a necessity in games. At all. I don't get why people keep bitching about one. At least for the 3DS, anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: