3DS will use universal friend code.

SirCB85

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Definately a step into the right direction :-)
But... anyone thought about the possibility that ninty could be able to bann the users of Flashcarts when detected, like M$ and Sony can do on PSN and XBL?

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zarcon said:
Terminator02 said:
well this is absolutely not like psn or xbl, whoever said/agreed with that, this is still random jargon numbers put together that you must check every time to tell ur friend what it is

it's a baby step, but a much welcomed one
It's only one number to share with your friends.
If there's any sort of lobby in games you can probably auto-add too like a few DS games allow.
And this allows you to use any name you want without worrying about names being taken.
i know that it is, but it's still a random code, the name argument comes with negatives also, people can change their names whenever they want and, as mentioned below, they could impersonate other people
Yuan said:
XXLANCEXX said:
its like psn and xbl yay lol

No, it is not. What is easier to remember, 12 random numbers or a name?

Better than nothing, anyway.

QUOTE(YayMii @ Jan 19 2011, 08:00 PM)
I've been on a bunch of websites with people complaining "Why not usernames?" Well, I have a possible answer: With user names, nobody can have identical names, while with Friend codes, the nickname doesn't matter because it's paired with the friend code (so you probably can have duplicates just because of the code).

It is worse. Imagine having 10 friends with the same nick, how will you know who is who? By their unique 12 random numbers?
i agree 100% with u yuan

narutofan777

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
i just hope the wi fi is like the ds, so u kno hacked games can play online without some HIGH POWERING anti wi fi u can't play measure. like psp...

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
In before they announce system menu 1.02 featuring 2 extra spaces for your friends, bringing the total number of friends you can register on the system to a stunning 4!!!

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
In before they announce system menu 1.02 featuring 2 extra spaces for your friends, bringing the total number of friends you can register on the system to a stunning 4!!!
laugh.gif
That doesn't make any sense that going backwards!
laugh.gif

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
diando said:
A improvement but I hope when the battery is removed the FC is resetted
May I ask why you want that?

Edit: It probably can't changed...its probably a hardware thing.... similar to a mac address

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: