Misc 3DS Wifi Randomly turns off during gameplay...

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing Pokemon X and noticed that the wireless or Wifi feature would randomly turn off on occasion. As in, the yellow indicator turns off and I get the prompt in the game's PSS that my wireless communication is disabled. I have to slide the on/off slider for the wireless to turn it on again. At first I thought perhaps it was a power saving feature or something. BUT IT HAPPENED IN THE MIDDLE OF A F**KING ONLINE BATTLE!!!!!

Seriously this pissed me off big time. I was about to lose the battle, but I had every intention of letting it finish. But the worse timing in the *** damn world means that random guy I battled thought I was running off right before a loss. You can't imagine how mad I was at this thing.

Anyways, anyone else had this occur while in Pokemon X or Y? Any idea if it's fixable?

I have not seen this happen until after I had I started playing Pokemon X as I have not seen it occur while in the menu. (this has been the only game I've played on this unit since I got it)

I also had recently updated the console from 4.5 to 8.0. (so no I wasn't playing this on a Gateway. :P ) Perhaps a new bug?

Not sure but if it doesn't stop I will have to send it in. Since I registered the serial code, I got an extension on my warranty. But even so I doubt Nintendo will cover shipping, so it looks like I'm SOL until next month. I might as well just wait till I get the XL I was planning on getting but it will be at least 2 months before I can afford one. :(

Looks like I will have to stay out of Wifi battles for awhile. I can't have this happening, it will f*** up my reputation if it happens near the end of battles like it did for that one. That was my first online battle with this game (or any Pokemon game for that matter). Man what a buzz-kill that was. :(

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
As far as I know, network side issues doesn't cause the wifi chip inside the 3DS to completely turn off like it has been doing which means I have to use the slider to turn it back on. If it was just a network issue, then the game would simply disconnect with an error code. That is not what is happening here. The wifi chip turns off on it's own which then causes the connection to drop out with the PSS telling me that wireless communication is disabled and to turn it on again.

Oddly it hasn't been doing it the past few days. I've been able to have 3+ battles and left the internet feature of Pokemon connected for a good 4+ hours while I was playing the game and it had not had this issue once since Saturday when this issue cropped up. So I don't know what the hell is going on. I'm hoping it resolved it self, but with my luck it will crop up again at the worst time. :P

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only time I've had the Wifi drop was shutting the lid.

Sounds to me like a loose connection inside your machine, then.

As for XL prices, try looking in your local used stores. Maybe you'll get a deal. I know thanks to the Kmart glitch a few months ago there were a lot of pink ones in the used market.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: I dont like cream cheese. Thats why. Haha. The breakfast noodle cup sounds fantastic though.