3DS Web Browser

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Inuuto, May 17, 2013.

1. Inuuto
    OP

Inuuto Enigmatic

Feb 2, 2010
    United States
    Undernet
    I have a question for 3DS owners with DSOrganize. Which browser do you prefer better, the 3DS Browser or DSOrganize's? Also, can you download files, like a song, using the 3DS Browser? If not, is there a speed difference when you download a file using DSOrganize on the DS and the 3DS? My average speed on the DS is about 10-12KBKps. I've reached 60KBps on some websites. I would think that it's faster on the 3DS because of the better hardware.

2. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    I feel what you're basically asking is which browser is superior, and I assure you, the one built by Nintendo to utilize the 3DS hardware is superior to the homebrew DS one that people only used because there wasn't a decent alternative.

Pluupy likes this.
  3. JaronMatthewHigg

JaronMatthewHigg Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2012
    United States
    Nintendo's official web browsers do not allow you to download files with the exception of picture files on the 3DS. It will only let you upload pictures on the 3DS, mainly because they are blocking any unexpected exploits.

4. Inuuto
    OP

Inuuto Enigmatic

Feb 2, 2010
    United States
    Undernet
    Thanks for the reply. I already know the 3DS Browser is better, I'm just curious about DSOrganize's download speed on the 3DS. If it's faster, then that means that DS homebrew apps benefit slightly on the 3DS.

5. JaronMatthewHigg

JaronMatthewHigg Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2012
    United States
    There was an official browser for DS. Opera was released for it. It is incompatible with DSi/3DS. That is why they have browsers

6. Snailface

Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Sep 20, 2010
    Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Don't know exactly, but it has to be less than 135 kbps (or 1 MB / minute). That is a limitation of the DS's wifi b. 3DS has wifi g which is oodles faster.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  7. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    The DSi browser is a "port" of the opera browser although they're not exactly the same. But I think that you can call them both the "DS Opera browser".