Homebrew 3DS Update bricked my console?

TindalosKP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
So, I wanted to update to the latest 3DS version, without knowing it would cause issues with the Luma3DS I had...

Lo and behold: An exception occurred.

Tried to update to the latest version of it (10.2.1) as I saw it might fix the issue.

Lo and behold again: An exception occurred!!!

What's going on? What did I miss? Did I brick my 3DS forever?

I can still access the Luma menu by holding select, so that's something, but what else can be done?

Thank you for your answers.

Oh, and before you ask, the 3DS worked fine before the update.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If this is the ARM11 crash with process PM: It is an incompatibility between Luma3DS v10.x < v10.2.1 and latest official firmware. Replace boot.firm with the latest version and try again.
If it is another crash, please share a picture.

Hold (Select) on power on and make sure it says "Luma3DS configuration v10.2.1" on the very top "Booted from SD via B9S" on the very bottom.

If this isn't the case, B9S falls back to an outdated copy on CTRNAND. Check your SD with h2testw, try Quadruple reformat and/or another FAT32 formatted SD as well.

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You mean, again?

Would that make a difference if I do it yet again?
I'm sorry. I sent this message long before it was finished. Clicked on the wrong button. Please reload the page – I've edited it.

TindalosKP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Ahhh, silly me...

Current Luma3DS version is 10.1.2...

But wait... I rewrote the boot archives into that MiniSD...

Does that mean there was no overwriting? Or do I need to do something special first before updating Luma?

Last I remembered, I only needed to boot the 3DS with the updated Luma boot firms to make it run.

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

TindalosKP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Ahhh, silly me...

Current Luma3DS version is 10.1.2...

But wait... I rewrote the boot archives into that MiniSD...

Does that mean there was no overwriting? Or do I need to do something special first before updating Luma?

Last I remembered, I only needed to boot the 3DS with the updated Luma boot firms to make it run.

Silly me AGAIN!

Apparently, when I tried to replace the boot firms, nothing was actually rewrote at all. Probably a bad cable or something.

Did it with another cable and voila!

Booted nicely back and now it's running as usual! Thank you for your help!

AWESOMEGAMER

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there did you actually update the 3dsxl. I have a slew of updates plus system updates on my Precious *yeah* .The WiiU updated ( without asking I just want to point that out) when I was in the middle if hb on the last version and it works with all (to the best of my knowledge ) tuts & vids. HB wasn't broken but this is the 3ds ( xl no less) (?_?) best not to chance it the update
I did update luma, a boot file I believe that is it.
3ds is grumpy with the updates when it comes to home brew :-/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://youtu.be/e1G3aKJ3g18?feature=shared