3DS upclose look & dock.

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by T3GZdev, Jun 18, 2010.

Jun 18, 2010

3DS upclose look & dock. by T3GZdev at 5:25 AM (5,054 Views / 0 Likes) 36 replies

1. T3GZdev
    OP

Member T3GZdev head of T3GZdev

United States

2. fairlyevenparents

Member fairlyevenparents GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The 3DS's shoulder buttons look like the PSP's shoulder buttons, kinda.

Posts merged

The 3DS's shoulder buttons look like the PSP's shoulder buttons, kinda

3. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Sweet IR port. So if we ever crack this thing properly Pokemon HGSS may be compatible for flashcards. Also a WiFi switch? My guess is that its for those automatically downloaded content that the 3DS will be doing. Allows the user to turn it off to save power.

4. TM2-Megatron

Member TM2-Megatron Predacon Commander

Canada
    Only with a severely patched ROM, if even that would manage it. HgSs are DS games, and would run on the 3DS in DS mode.... similar to a DS running in GBA mode, I would think that a 3DS in DS mode would essentially shut off all new hardware and turn it into a virtual DS.

5. abel009

Member abel009 GBAtemp Regular

Mexico

It seems that u didnt heard the presentation at e3 did u? they said that all of the games on the 3DS will run in 3DS MODE there wont be a ds mode or anything all of the games including DS will run in 3DS regardless of wat they are. If u dont believe me go watch the Press of Nintendo again and u will see.

6. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    I hope you'll be able to charge the battery while playing... I hate waiting for a system to charge up and not being able to play at the same time.

7. Saturnplanet5

Member Saturnplanet5 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    I wish they'd put the earphone jack out the side so when you're walking and listening to music it fits in your pocket a bit better.

*edit*
    On second thoughts that's a dumb idea. It'd get in the way when you play games with the earphone. Forget I said anything.

8. DarkSpace

Member DarkSpace Custom member title

United States
    yay, it looks cool, but the headphones really should be to the edge.

9. Range-TE

Member Range-TE GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Indonesia
    anyone else thinking that the 3DS looks thick? and i mean by itself, not with the charging cradle (duh)

10. giratina16

Member giratina16 Born This Way

United Kingdom
    Yeah but it's probably filled up with 3D hardware. Nintendo will probably start working on a smaller version soon, if they aren't already.

11. syko5150

Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

United States
    you can play the DS while its charging i do it all the time and it will fully charge even while playing.

12. DiscostewSM

Member DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Other than "Compatibility with DSi", there was no mention of the presentation saying that DS games would run under 3DS mode (and if it does say it, please tell us the time index so we can confirm it), but as far as "compatibility" is concerned, that IS the DS/DSLite/DSi mode. Besides, running DS games under 3DS mode is not possible outside of emulation because of the hardware differences between the systems, and the system has to "change" how its hardware operates in order to achieve complete backwards compatibility, just like how the DS/DSLite changes to GBA mode for GBA games. Under these compatibility modes, any hardware not native to it (such as the case with the 3DS, being the 3D effect) cannot be used, and is literally shut off and inaccessible.

13. MicroChip123

Newcomer MicroChip123 Member

United Kingdom
    That means all ds games normal and i

14. zeromac

Member zeromac Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY

Australia
    What the hell? An IR port is cool and all (remote control TVs anybody? [​IMG]) but it's kinda old technology now that bluetooth is here... if it had to have a secondary transfer method besides wireless, i would prefer bluetooth although my laptop lacks bluetooth i can always buy those dongles

15. Juanmatron

Member Juanmatron Slater Color

Spain
    FIXED.

16. SixtySixHundred

Member SixtySixHundred GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    IR Port?? That's a light to indicate the Wireless is on!! Unless you're looking somewhere I'm not!
    [​IMG]

17. Windaga

Member Windaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    That's a good point - IR is kinda outdated. Bluetooth would the best bet. Maybe they'll change it up? Hey, they've already said that this might not be final. (Despite what Konno says).

It's very..boxy. Not that I don't like it - it looks more like a mix between the original DS and the DSi.

Also I hope these people make a 3DS case. I have one for my DSi - it really does give you about 14 - 15 hours of straight gameplay before charging. If lets you run on the DS battery, and then switch to the cases battery. Granted, it makes the system bulky looking (not as much as it looks in that image, but it does add notable size to the overall system), but ontop of the already bulky looking 3DS...

18. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    Yes, but he's talking about the 3DS, not a DS. Although, Nintendo have allowed that on all the rechargeable consoles so far, so I'd expect it to still be the case now.

19. WrSmega

Member WrSmega GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm gonna be the noob right now,but can anyone tell me what the IR port will do, I never really understood the purpose

20. basher11

Member basher11 GBAtemp's Official Vocaloid Lover

United States
    i really hope they make that a bit smaller.

its bulky as hell.