thegame07

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can enlighten me, Is the touch screen on the 3ds scratch proof? Every video I see everyone is using their fingers and pretty much just putting their hands all over the screen. I know if you did this with the nds the screen would end up in a very bad way, Is the 3ds screens more durable than the NDS? A lot of the games the 3ds has seems designed to use your fingers more than the stylus, like Street fighter. I'm just curious to know as I hate having scratched screens.

Zarxrax

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, i know the ds lite was MUCH more scratch resistant than the original NDS. I don't know about the DSi. But I would assume that the 3ds is at least as good as the ds lite touchscreen.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
thegame07 said:
Ikki said:
No screen is unscratchable.

Sure if you use a key on it etc. I have used phones that don't leave scratches when using your fingers, Unlike the nds.

The NDS shouldn't be scratched by your fingers, unless you accidentally tap the screen with your nails.

I read somewhere it doesn't get smudged as much as the DS/L/i/XL

Javier78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if they used Gorilla Glass, maybe. I'm pretty sure it's as scratch-proof as the DS Lite (not at all).

thegame07

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
BortzANATOR said:
lol

NOTHING is scratch proof. Im doubting nintendo is going to go the extra mile for strengthened glass.

"scratch resistant" As I said, sure nothing is if you use something sharp on the screen. However there is plenty of screens out there on mobile phones these days that don't get scratched from normal every day use.

Thanks for the link DrBruce, very nice
smile.gif

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
It's much harder to make a resistive touchscreen scratch resistant than a capacitive one because a resistive one needs to be able to bend when you press it and it requires a significantly harder press than the simple touch that a capacitive screen uses.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zarxrax said:
Well, i know the ds lite was MUCH more scratch resistant than the original NDS. I don't know about the DSi. But I would assume that the 3ds is at least as good as the ds lite touchscreen.
What? Are you sure, I never noticed a difference between the DS phat and DS lite. If the 3DS screen is similar to the DS lite, then I'll definitely need a screen protector.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I really hope the 3DS's screens are more scratch resistant. It is unlikely you have no scratches on your DS if you've been using it for awhile (impressive if you don't). I had a DSi and tried to keep it as scratch-less as possible, but there were still scratches. However, these scratches were smaller than the thinnest hair and unnoticeable unless you had the DSi off and at a certain angle. Sometimes these tiny scratches may lead to bigger ones and to prevent this you'd have to constantly clean the stylus and the screen.

It's really only an issue for me because I'm gonna try to resell my 3DS if the red one ever releases and brand new condition usually sells for more. Also, the feel of the actual screen is so much better than with a screen protector.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
No but hopefully they have made it abit stronger like they did with the DS-Lite.
I remember how many scratches my DS Phat had :S
If you are worried get a scree protector which is only a couple of bucks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc