3DS Toshiba NAND chip

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by DeadlyFoez, Mar 3, 2011.

Mar 3, 2011

3DS Toshiba NAND chip by DeadlyFoez at 7:55 PM (2,921 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. DeadlyFoez
    OP

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    I know the Toshiba NAND chip on the 3ds it a BGA... but I can't find a datasheet to find a pinout to even have a chance or a clue of where to begin with trying to dump it. I haven't bought one yet... but I am hoping my tax returns come before the launch date and I can buy 2 of them. 1 I will never power up so I can keep the earliest firmware and keep it vulnerable for testing... the other for playing with and trying whatever available hack on it.

Chances or, the 3DS does not have e-fuses, so dumping the NAND and reflashing it should be entirely possible at long as the PC side software is programmed to work with it. There are PLENTY of testpoints on the 3DS so I am sure some will lead to the nand. Bushing has already created Amoxiflash to be compatible for NAND chips in the most recent console. I'm sure someone can add support for this Toshiba NAND as long as we can find the datasheet.

2. Xuphor

Banned Xuphor I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.

United States
    I'm not too keen on NAND related stuff, but this appears to be relevant, correct me if I'm wrong:
    http://www.toshiba.com/taec/Catalog/Line.d...;lineid=1620405
    It mentions SLC chips a lot, but ALL of the "package" column has a option for a BGA type. If these are the same type in the 3DS, you can contact Toshiba for a Datasheet directly.

Again, I don't know much about them, so that might be useless, but this probably isn't: http://www.datasheetcatalog.com/toshiba/1/
    It lists virtually ALL Toshiba Datasheets (118 pages of them) that you can download in PDF format.

3. GH0ST

Member GH0ST Your Hero is a Ghost

France
    The nearest reference I found is THGBM2G4D1FBAI8 here (High density e-MMC Embedded Memories Combine NAND and a Controller in a Single Package) and this site.

Found that too...

4. bigpaws

Member bigpaws Cat with da Big Paws!

United States
    well
    i hope its at least 2gb

5. DeadlyFoez
    OP

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    I can't find the datasheet for anything, even the other IC's that are similar. Can someone else take a stab and see what they can find. I've been searching for days and the 3DS will be out soon. I want to hopefully have this all figured out before I buy one so I can dump the NAND right away... before I even power it on. [​IMG]

6. Slimmmmmm

Member Slimmmmmm GBAtemp MoNkEeE

United Kingdom
    I had a look around and couldn't ifnd anything myself m8 [​IMG]

I just thought I'd post anyway so you know people are interested and it also allows you to post again DF without double posting if the topic starts to get burried in the next few days......whistle

Good luck, I'm sure you'll manage to get a dump soon and find some very useful info inside [​IMG]

7. DeadlyFoez
    OP

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    BUMP!!

I'm still looking and not finding. If someone can find something then please let me know. The 3DS release is in just a few days and I want to be able to jump right on this if possible. Thanx all.

8. Xuphor

Banned Xuphor I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.

United States
    Doesn't seem it's out yet publically. Try calling Toshiba, and ask how you can get it.