Hacking 3DS to CIA help

Ralph1611

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I managed to turn one 3ds file into cia....But when I went to do another one, it said something about folders still in the decryption folder and it wouldnt let me convert another one. I then went into the folders and started deleting stuff and managed to get the process going again, but I get this error.

I maybe deleted some bins and I dont know where they go, or even if I deleted an important xorpad file.. Not sure.. anyone that can help me get back on track to how once I create a CIA file to just simply create another one easily. Thanks.

10363966_820466304657076_2383508166122155287_n.jpg

Ralph1611

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway I can start this over and get the xorpads back from the 3ds? like start the entire process again and install them using the gateway menu again?

bannana2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...you may need to redo the xorpads. Also, do you have the original exheader file? just make sure you have an rsf template and the original exheader. Other than that...I can try to find the tool I was talking about for you.

Ralph1611

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brb.. muh gateway is in the mail.. gonna get it

ok got the card.. gonna see if i can install teh first game...

so youre telling I have to download all the files again and do the same thing?

Im also getting a file system error when launching multi rom... Needless to say i am beyond frustrated

I still keep getting filesystem error... What can i do to fix this? i ran a diagnostic and it says the SD card is bad.. but its not.

Ralph1611

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like your Gateway card is faulty/defective. You will need to return it to your reseller.

Real Hot Stuff is where I got it. They arent selling them anymore. I sent them an email asking for a replacement. Thats teh best I can do. I was "ALL SALES ARE FINAL"

Ralph1611

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bad investment dude. would have been a good one, but it sounds like you got unlucky. very unlucky.

Oh well... Its a piece of shit anyway. Sky3ds is way better. 58 bucks wasnt a bad investment considering I got a good deal on the Sky3ds' and shipping that I would have got at another place.

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Real Hot Stuff is where I got it. They arent selling them anymore. I sent them an email asking for a replacement. Thats teh best I can do. I was "ALL SALES ARE FINAL"
That sucks that RHS quit selling them. Also an unfortunate situation that you are in too. Perhaps they may refund the money, but if all sales are final, then you are SOL. Perhaps a way around this is to use CIA versions of the game, problem with this, you need DevMenu installed before you can even install CIA games. The DevMenu first needs to be loaded from the Gateway MicroSD and then install the CIA version of DevMenu. Problem is that you have a road block for which may prevent you from even starting the process. If you can somehow manage to install DevMenu, you may be in the clear. I use this tool to create some CIA games. If you still have problem getting the CIA to build properly, then you could download CIA versions of the said games. Right now you may not have any recourse to get started, you may have to buy another Gateway card from another reseller.

Ralph1611

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cfw + sky3ds is a good option for you I think.

Why, when Sky3ds runs 9.4 just fine. I was just curious how it worked. I never wanted to get a Gateway. I was in the market for a Sky3ds though, but I didnt want to pay 90 dollars for it. When I saw it for 72.50 and Gateway at 58 bucks, combine with the retailer being in the USA, it made the choice easy to get a Gateway to see what the big deal was.

With Sky3ds its just Write and Play. No need to worry about firmwares, Emunand, DS Profile shit.. CIA... Im a fan of games.. Sky3ds allows me to play games... Thats why i like it

Ralph1611

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sucks that RHS quit selling them. Also an unfortunate situation that you are in too. Perhaps they may refund the money, but if all sales are final, then you are SOL. Perhaps a way around this is to use CIA versions of the game, problem with this, you need DevMenu installed before you can even install CIA games. The DevMenu first needs to be loaded from the Gateway MicroSD and then install the CIA version of DevMenu. Problem is that you have a road block for which may prevent you from even starting the process. If you can somehow manage to install DevMenu, you may be in the clear. I use this tool to create some CIA games. If you still have problem getting the CIA to build properly, then you could download CIA versions of the said games. Right now you may not have any recourse to get started, you may have to buy another Gateway card from another reseller.

That is the problem. I cant even use any rom, unless I can write DevMenu on Sky3ds :lol I wrote one CIA file myself succesfully, but when I went to write another one, i ran into a problem, and deleted some files i wasnt supposed to.

I wont be giving Gateway another shot. They are a losing horse. I like to go with a winner, and thats obviously SKY3DS.

Ralph1611

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is the problem. I cant even use any rom, unless I can write DevMenu on Sky3ds :lol I wrote one CIA file myself succesfully, but when I went to write another one, i ran into a problem, and deleted some files i wasnt supposed to.

I wont be giving Gateway another shot. They are a losing horse. I like to go with a winner, and thats obviously SKY3DS.

When I say wrote.. I mean I converted one from 3ds to CIA

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Generally it is rare to get a defective Gateway, and you happen to get the short end of the stick. Of course that goes for any electronic stuff, sometimes you will run into defective electronics, most of the time you won't. Only this time you have no option to get a replacement Gateway. Another card is QQ3DS and it is practically Sky3DS as well or clone of it, and includes an NDS card with it. The problem with Sky3DS, it is unknown how long it can survive until the update comes out and blocks it. The card is not up-datable, and when this happens you have to buy another updated Sky3DS, if they manufacture an updated version. Who knows, maybe Sky3DS may never get patched out, and continues on the the remainder of the life of the 3DS. All cards have their strong points and weak points. It just the matter of what strong points appeals to you and what weak points that doesn't bother you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"