Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Ok so yesterday my 3DS was fine, and today i went to play some SML3D and luigi was always crouching, then i go to the browser and i notice the page is always zooming out.

And both the L and Y buttons are stuck, tryed pressing multiple time didnt helped.

Any suggestion or i have to send it to nintendo :(

saberjoy

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Try wiggling them with your thumb and if that doesnt work press them hard from all angles. DONT press them too hard!. If they still dont give way just try blowing or sending it to nintendo. Actually sending it to ninty would be your safest bet.Happend to my ps3 controller's buttons once.

xxteargodxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would call up Nintendo and have your 3DS sent in for repairs/replacement. Whatever you do to "fix" your buttons will be a temporary fix and will more then likely happen again.

Reactions: 1 person

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to send my DSi 3 times to nintendo to fix the shoulder buttons...
oh well and the story repeats :(
Why didn't you fix your shoulder buttons yourself? There are three pieces to each shoulder button assembly: the button itself, a straight pin and a spring. The spring connects to a slingshot look-alike holder, that's built into the case, and the end of the spring actually sets within the fork. All you usually need to do is reset your spring.

dicamarques

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Why didn't you fix your shoulder buttons yourself? There are three pieces to each shoulder button assembly: the button itself, a straight pin and a spring. The spring connects to a slingshot look-alike holder, that's built into the case, and the end of the spring actually sets within the fork. All you usually need to do is reset your spring.

One word, warranty :S

Reactions: 2 people

jrk190

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had about 1 or 2 Nintendo DS Phats, 8 or more Nintendo DS Lites, 2 DSi's and 1 3DS. I purposely broke the DS to get a DS Lite, and every DS Lite I've owned (except one that broke from static electricity while going down a McDonalds Playplace Slide) broke on the right hinge or on the shoulder buttons. The DSi broke on the left hinge, and the right shoulder button broke. My 3DS hasn't messed up yet. I didn't learn about warranties until My DSi broke the first time. It broke twice for the same reasons. Go ahead and send it to ninty, things get expensive if you don't.

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country

If they didn't fix it properly the last time, can't you get them to replace your console with a new one instead? Is it still under Warranty now?

dicamarques

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal

If they didn't fix it properly the last time, can't you get them to replace your console with a new one instead? Is it still under Warranty now?

My DSi not my 3DS :P, i have never sent my 3ds to nintendo yet.

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's best to go ahead and send it in. My "Left" on the digital cursor was sticking and it did that off and on for a week and then the 3DS just died. I had to send it in. The tech said it was a bad PCB.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If the console is still under warranty (which most likely is since everything has over 2years warranty in Portugal), you should go to the shop where you got it and complain about it, once they've checked the issue they'll send it to Nintendo themselves.

dicamarques

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
If the console is still under warranty (which most likely is since everything has over 2years warranty in Portugal), you should go to the shop where you got it and complain about it, once they've checked the issue they'll send it to Nintendo themselves.

Ya that's what i'm going to do (btw i bought it in pixmania and the console makes 1-year in June) , anyone knows if i must have some special preparation before sending it to ninty? (like erasing activity log so they dont know i have a Acekard? :blink: )

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Ya that's what i'm going to do (btw i bought it in pixmania and the console makes 1-year in June) , anyone knows if i must have some special preparation before sending it to ninty? (like erasing activity log so they dont know i have a Acekard? :blink: )
You don't really need to erase it, just make sure you tell them if you did purchase any eshop content, so they don't delete anything.

dicamarques

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
If you have basic hardware knowledge then you can repair it by properly cleaning the Button because stucking buttons is normal problem but if your 3DS is new and in waranty the it is better to get it to your dealer from you purchase it.
I could repair it myself but its still under warranty (lol 3DS is only 1 year old :P)

Robbieiscool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've had about 1 or 2 Nintendo DS Phats, 8 or more Nintendo DS Lites, 2 DSi's and 1 3DS. I purposely broke the DS to get a DS Lite, and every DS Lite I've owned (except one that broke from static electricity while going down a McDonalds Playplace Slide) broke on the right hinge or on the shoulder buttons. The DSi broke on the left hinge, and the right shoulder button broke. My 3DS hasn't messed up yet. I didn't learn about warranties until My DSi broke the first time. It broke twice for the same reasons. Go ahead and send it to ninty, things get expensive if you don't.
Looks like Nintendo struck it rich with you

Reactions: 1 person

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The first time I ever experienced broken parts on my Nintendo consoles, was with the first DS Lite I bought. The L and R buttons stopped working. I've had to blow into them to get them to work. Same thing happened to my DSi, which is why I'm holding off on getting a 3DS, that and lack of funds... lol But who IS having problems with the L and R buttons on their 3DS?

Robbieiscool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The first time I ever experienced broken parts on my Nintendo consoles, was with the first DS Lite I bought. The L and R buttons stopped working. I've had to blow into them to get them to work. Same thing happened to my DSi, which is why I'm holding off on getting a 3DS, that and lack of funds... lol But who IS having problems with the L and R buttons on their 3DS?
I'm not because I don't push the buttons hard or rapidly because when I play I
feel-like-a-sir-template.jpg

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the console is under warranty, then just send it into nintendo. If not, you can always try opening it up and repairing it yourself, but I would suggest not doing that unless you really know what you are doing. If you don't want to open it up you can always try to clean gunk out of the buttons with a pin (be careful) and if it isn't gunk in there send it to a professional

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water