3DS still Gateway Bricked

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Arcturus29, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Arcturus29
    OP

Arcturus29 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2015
    Canada
    I never got to unbrick my 3Ds back when it going around. Whatever few people mentioned using a raspberry pi 2 said the image didn't work. I guess I can't buy the better model if I want to do it myself. :/ Is there anyone still able repair if I ship?

It's a 3DS XL and I do have a NAND backup. Solder equipment too but basically no experience.

Last edited by Arcturus29, Oct 15, 2015
  2. hundshamer

hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Blacklisted Trader
    May 22, 2009
    United States
    I have a RasPi and do mods in North America. I can unbrick it, but shipping costs are a bit prohibitive. Give me a PM, if interested.

3. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    If you are in Australia, OzModChips has an unbricking service. I wouldn't bother though, a regular 3DS is only worth about $70, you may as well buy a new one instead of saving a tiny bit unbricking the one you already have. Old 3DS are pretty easy to find on a low firmware, as lots of people stopped using them long ago to upgrade to an XL or new 3DS.

4. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
  5. Arcturus29
    OP

Arcturus29 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2015
    Canada
    Oh sorry I should really have mentioned it's a 3DS XL

6. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Ah OK I guess you will be saving a bit more then. Still, you could get a brand new console pretty cheap or get that limited edition you've always craved, and you could use your bricked console to take apart for fun or have a practice round of doing a hard mod without the pressure of a working console to worry about ... But you have lots of info now so you should be able to make an informed decision.

7. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Addict

Dec 1, 2002
    Please actually read the thread before offering your input.

@hundshamer has already replied to OP directly, it's the first reply in the thread ffs...

8. LameNobody

LameNobody Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast

Jan 23, 2015
    Canada
    Where in canada are you located?

9. Arcturus29
    OP

Arcturus29 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2015
    Canada
    Ontario, GTA specifically

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I'm considering getting a new 3DS if I get the cash together. But if I can get it sorted out properly I'd be able to get more games with the cash I save.

Quantumcat likes this.