Hardware 3DS Serial Number Label for Replacement Housing

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm thinking of replacing the front and back plate of my 3ds xl.

Now the replacement housing that I've located does not have the serial number label for obvious reasons.

Does anyone have any idea how I could somehow come out with a way to transfer the serial label or create a duplicate?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could take something like a heat gun or blow dryer, put it on the lowest setting (Just enough to melt the adhesive a little), and gently remove the label that way.

Reactions: lambstone

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
the replacement housings i have bought for 3ds (not xl) come with serial stickers...
are you buying ones taken from a real console, or ones made from china? are you 100% certain they do not come with a sticker?
if you are worried about not knowing the serial number, it's still under the battery, and you can move that piece when you install the new housing.
if you want it to look good though, then sure as the other people say, just heat up the sticker enough to lift it off without harming it.

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
the replacement housings i have bought for 3ds (not xl) come with serial stickers...
are you buying ones taken from a real console, or ones made from china? are you 100% certain they do not come with a sticker?
if you are worried about not knowing the serial number, it's still under the battery, and you can move that piece when you install the new housing.
if you want it to look good though, then sure as the other people say, just heat up the sticker enough to lift it off without harming it.

I suppose they are the ones made from china.

I've got my eye on the Mario Red 3ds XL housing. Yeah, I just want it to look good :P

Thanks all for the advice. So using something like a hair dryer would enable me to lift the original serial sticker right?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I suppose they are the ones made from china.

I've got my eye on the Mario Red 3ds XL housing. Yeah, I just want it to look good :P

Thanks all for the advice. So using something like a hair dryer would enable me to lift the original serial sticker right?
sure, it's supposed to work just like that (i haven't actually done it), the battery cover can be taken off so you won't have to worry about overheating the 3ds with the hairdryer. i saw the mario housing, i couldn't see a sticker with it, but some of the images of the housing i bought i couldn't see it either, message the seller.

Commoner

Trophies
XP
Country
Personally I would just scan or use a high resolution camera to take a picture of the sticker and then print a new sticker out on some good quality sticker paper.

I'd rather just leave the original sticker where it is. It is pretty easy to accidentally break stickers when trying to peel them off.

Alternatively if you just want the case to look good, you could just have a custom skin printed out for you or purchase a prefab one. This might be a good alternative as many of these skins will actually provide your 3DS with a bit of protection and will be much easier to apply.

There are several sites that can send you decal skins. DecalGirl.com is the one that I can name off the top of my head.

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Hm. The seller replied me.

Apparently they do include a serial number sticker. Phew. Made the purchase. Will update with a new thread once it arrives and I've installed it.

Reactions: cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr