3DS Screen Protectors

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by TheZoc, Nov 17, 2011.

1. TheZoc
    OP

TheZoc GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2009
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    Hey guys,

Since there's no sticky topic about this subject, I'd like to ask: What are the best 3DS screen protectors I can find ?
    By best, I mean, the ones that won't affect the 3D effect, are as transparent as possible (crystal clear?), and are durable.

On my NDSL I have one set of genuine Hori screen protectors, and they're great. But I can't find the genuine Hori protectors anywhere for 3DS...

I'm considering purchasing these Genuine Capdase Protective Full Screen Guard + Cleaning Cloth for Nintendo 3DS - (Company page)

Did someone use these already ? How good they are ?

Please, when recommending a product, post a link to an online shop that haves them and can ship internationally. I mean, I know Hori products are great, and they're available on Amazon (and I couldn't find anywhere else), but Amazon doesn't ship their products here.

Thanks in advance!

2. oran

oran Member

Newcomer
    Jul 7, 2011
    France
    I personally use this 3ds screen protector http://www.gamekool.com/nintendo-3ds-lcd-screen-protector-and-cleaning-cloth-without-pac-p-427.html, It covers the entire top part of my Nintendo 3DS from those horrible smudges.... besides, it is pretty cheap for one of the best quality screen protective filters out there...well, you need to make sure that the product is made for Nintendo 3DS...and I still prefer using the cleaning cloth to clean the bottom and top part of my Nintendo 3DS XXD

3. gerie

gerie Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2011
    Greece
    hori are the best

/thread

4. TheZoc
    OP

TheZoc GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2009
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    Where can I get original Hori screen protectors ?
    There's a LOT of fake protectors going around :(

5. mjax

mjax GBAtemp Fan

Apr 8, 2010
    already told you in pm, play-asia and Amazon sell them. Since you didn't have the option to buy through Amazon, you may go ahead with play-asia

6. jrmaxnj

jrmaxnj Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2011
    Switzerland
    China Mailand
  7. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    Everybody says Hori's are the best.

I don't doubt it.

But you're not writing on your top screen. I picked up a pack at Target, where I work, of some "3DS" ones that I don't remember the brand. They work fine.

8. gerie

gerie Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2011
    Greece
    playasia.com ;)

9. jimmyemunoz

jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 23, 2009
    United States
    Louisiana
    I ordered those same Capdase screen protectors! They should be here in a few days. If you can wait, I could tag this thread and tell you how good they are, as I have a pack of unused Horis for the DSi XL, to compare them. If you can wait, quote this post, so I get an email, and I'll report as soon as they come. In case you were wondering, I got an email from DX saying they shipped 8 days ago today, so they'll be here soon. :)

10. TheZoc
    OP

TheZoc GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2009
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    Thank you! :)

There are only fake protectors there :(

11. BoxmanWTF

BoxmanWTF ♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫

Nov 22, 2008
    Canada
    Behind you
    I use the Memorex Ones that come with DSi an DSL screen protectors, I like it since it isn't very noticible.