GBAtemp's Official Infernape™
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey guys, Leeday again.
I know a lot of people have thought about this question and complained about certain aspects of the 3DS, and as far as I can tell, I'm the first person to actually ask this question.

What would YOU improve about the 3DS (or future Nintendo handhelds, for that matter), given the chance? And why?

Post your ideas below, and I'll start us off:

If I was to improve the 3DS, I would make the Touch Screen multi-touch, that way we have more opportunities to interact with the games we are playing, and have more concept ideas to make new games featuring it.

Fire away!
yaynds.gif

hksrb25s14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make the bottom screen the same size as the top, fix the wobble, sounds from hinges, and a inbuild mpeg/avi 3D movie converter

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't have one but I believe improved camera quality, multi-touch capabilities, and better build quality would have been preferred by the general public.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
leeday100196 said:
basher11 said:
it is multi-touch.

there was a article about that game that uses 2 stylus to hit the drums.
Nah i just tried that, maybe it only accepts multi-touch in certain games/applications.

The 3DS is not multi touch. There is a Namco Bandai sports game that makes use of 2 stylus but you use them separately. You could in theory just use one, but I guess having 2 makes it slightly easier to switch. But you are correct in that it is not multi touch.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ah, while it is so amazing, there are so many things I would change:
1) Change the analog material. If you dig your nail into it the slightest bit, there is a "dent" that doesn't go away. Besides that, the analog nub is amazing.
2) Add a messaging system... what were they thinking? Or at least be able to send requests to play games. "(Blank) want to play (Blank) with you."
3) Make it so when you add a friend code, it sends the other person a request to be friends. So only one friend code is needed.
4) When you click "Home" it says how many friends are online (When a friend comes online then you click home, it says, "Friend Online" at the bottom of the top screen. That would be the perfect spot).
5) Change the headphone jack spot... if you want to listen to music, and put it in your pocket, you kind of can't put headphones in the jack because it is centered...
6) The black top screen gets too many finger prints.
7) The stylus location... I can never find the stupid thing.

Pretty much all I can think of.

Don't get me wrong. I love my 3DS. It is probably the best handheld/console I have ever owned (Once some more games come out), but I'm just trying to be as harsh as I can. The hardware problems aren't bad at all really, and the software stuff hopefully will be fixed in the future with updates.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of you guys list can be software added. :/

For me it nothing wrong with the build quality...

Better battery life. Nitpicking: stylus placement.

I do not put my nails on the slide pack. So there no problem.

Finger prints! Whatever I get use to it.

I thought XL, but I like it portableness
tongue.gif

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arnold Schwarzenegger said:
Only thing is the edges around the touch screen, those should be lowered so they don't rub against the top screen.
On yea I forgot about that. I usually place that thing in the middle that came with it, but still a shame that there. :/

troydude6

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
While I'm usually on Nintendo's side, honestly the screen resolution sucks. It's 2011 and the iPhone that came out 4 years ago has a better resolution, the least they could have done for us is 600x480. In addition to that, I think both screens should have been widescreen.

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Color selection..... a better camera i guess... although that would require nintendo to jack up the price significantly since it does have 3 cameras. Also make more software apps, yahoo/msn messenger would be nice or at least to fix the 16 char limit on the msging system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?