3DS Roms Not Loading

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Ririenne, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Ririenne
    OP

Ririenne Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2017
    Hello guys, I'm new here so nice to meet you all!
    I checked the previous thread and this is a little different so I decided to post another if that's alright.

I recently brought a 2ds being told it was compatible with both 3ds and ds games. I brought this 2017 dual core card and the micro sdhc I'm currently using is 32gb (I've also tried with a 2gb). I'm using this firmware. The card itself will load up fine so that the three menus will appear, when I click on config>upgrade it just says the current version and no option to update. When I click on game all my games appear but when I select one it stays on the loading screen.

I've formatted the micro both by right clicking>format and with SDFormatter, I've also named all the 3DS Roms to .nds but the result is still the same. I've tried the dslazy trick but now that caused the loading screen to show: 'Load rom errcode-1. Please reset system'.
    I've also tried changing the date to 2010 and I've switched both DMA and SoftReset off.

Games I've tried:
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    Tomodachi Life
    Pokemon X

My ds cartiges work fine and I also have Mario Kart 7 that came with the 2DS which works fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

2. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    R4 cards only work with original ds games,not 3ds.You need cfw to play 3ds backups.

Ririenne likes this.
  3. Ririenne
    OP

Ririenne Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2017
    That makes sense, I thought the 3DS on the cartridge meant 3DS was compatible and that it just worked on 3DS's. Thank you for the help!

4. rikumax25!

rikumax25! Keyblade Wielder

Apr 21, 2016
    Costa Rica
    I'll blame myself if i dont do this..... play The World Ends With You :D

5. Ominous66521

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    No problem.If you are interested in cfw follow this guide step by step http://3ds.guide/

6. Ririenne
    OP

Ririenne Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2017
    I've been meaning to look for some other games, I'll check it out!

This should hopefully be the last thing I need :unsure:
    The guide led me to Homebrew but does that not run ROMs? I also found something called steelhax but I think that is just a second entry point, is there a separate app that I need to download to run the ROMs?

Edit: I just found this so I think I'm okay. Thanks for the help!

Last edited by Ririenne, Feb 5, 2017
  7. anakinvm

anakinvm Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 30, 2008
    United States
    With cfw you will be able to install games directly to your 3ds homemenu which is a lot better than running roms from a loader

8. rikumax25!

rikumax25! Keyblade Wielder

Apr 21, 2016
    Costa Rica
    Its a ds game, so yoi can use the flashcard to play it.
    Also, 3ds.guide guides you up to before installing games, you can ask about that here :D

9. Ominous66521

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    You have 2 ways to play backups on cfw.

1.You can use a hombrew app on the homemenu with cfw called FBI which allows you to install CIA files on the 3ds's sd card which are like 3ds roms but are backed up from a game cart and can only be ran on cfw in digital format.You would have to hunt for a website that contains these cia's since posting the website on gbatemp is agenst the rules.

2.You also have a hombrew app that runs on the 3ds homemenu on cfw called freeshop that allows you to download eshop games from Nintendo's server but for free!The only thing is you need a qr code to make the app work properly,once again can't post it here.

The only other things ill tell you is to "use the guide only",avoid videos at all costs aswell as to make a NAND backup when in decrypt9 no matter what and to never close your 3ds lid when on 2.1 which you are on for a very short time just to get the otp.bin.Sorry if I blew your mind lol,good luck.

Last edited by Ominous66521, Feb 5, 2017