Hacking 3DS ROM Decrypting confirmed

windwakr

Trophies
Website
windwakr.github.io
XP
Country
United States
So, people not only have ROM decryption, but they also have a way to load modified files on the 3DS? That's pretty much all people need to start translations. Do they have any plans to release these things?

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
So, people not only have ROM decryption, but they also have a way to load modified files on the 3DS? That's pretty much all people need to start translations. Do they have any plans to release these things?

I highly doubt it. It'd be "encouraging piracy".

On the other hand, if they made something like Riivolution but for 3DS cards, that'd be much nicer.

dragonmaster

Ancient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
always the same story,it will encourage piracy,well wake up piracy is here either way ,and homebrew ,rom translation not cause of the same idiotic mistakes ,it will encourage piracy,you know that android is open source and yet it has a market of many apps and profitable and it is full open ,how does that stand in the whole idea?

Reactions: Celice

bartimeaus91

Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I highly doubt it. It'd be "encouraging piracy".

On the other hand, if they made something like Riivolution but for 3DS cards, that'd be much nicer.
always the same story,it will encourage piracy,when wake up piracy is here either way ,and homebrew ,rom translation not cause of the same idiotic mistake ,it will encourage piracy,you know that android is open source and yet it has a market of many apps and profitable and it is full open ,how does that stand in the whole idea?

Yeah. From what I have seen so far is that the stance taken by well known devs is that they refuse to release anything citing piracy and that if you mention it and the devs come and refute you, you could end up in a world of hurt.

So basically this whole, "piracy encouragement" is like fight club. 1st rule of piracy relating to 3ds exploits is you do not talk about it.

Reactions: daicon and Celice

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
guess i will never be able to mod ssb4 for the 3ds becuase ppl are afraid of piracy here i would like something like gecko os or rivolution so we could replace the files and mod the game from models to movesets and such but i guess with this new piracy fear it will never happen now :S

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
guess i will never be able to mod ssb4 for the 3ds becuase ppl are afraid of piracy here i would like something like gecko os or rivolution so we could replace the files and mod the game from models to movesets and such but i guess with this new piracy fear it will never happen now :S

If you have the ability to mod it then you should be able to do it yourself.

bartimeaus91

Stanza Blot Burls Rocks. Meaningless? Maybe not.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes. In an ideal world, we would all be genius in every single field. We can code perfectly, we can read japanese to translate, we can have the imagination to mod games in a way never thought before. But we DO NOT live in an ideal world. Most off us have a very specific skill set, something that we can do well at and suck at other things.

Just recently Smea somehow broke his 3DS and he was unable to unbrick it and had to have someone else unbrick it for him. He's good at coding but no so good with the physical modding.

The rationale of releasing every single thing that has been discovered is to outsource the work to the people out there. If means of say a CFW/rom translation was released, there will be people dedicated to the specific areas and these specific sections will flourish because of a dedicated team doing each part instead of one person managing everything. There'll be a team working on adding features to CFW, there'll be a separate team working on translations for games, there'll be a team working on homebrew games etc etc.

This is how homebrew/modding scene of the 3DS can be accelerated. Different people working together with different parts all for the purpose of pushing the hardware and software limitations of the 3DS console. I myself only have rudimentary coding knowledge but I'm able to translate from Japanese/Chinese to English. I'm sure there are people out there too with specific talents that are not used for the 3DS scene because of the attitude that "you can learn everything yourself, not helping you, not releasing to you".

The 3DS hacking scene should be bristling with way more activity than it is now if people were to share. However, the sad thing is that nobody shares their work in its entirety hence everyone has to work from the groundwork individually instead of simply building up on what currently exists. There is a lot of wasted energy and potential. That's a sad fact of life that there will always be people wanting the world on a platter for the work they have done and simultaneously there will be people wanting something for nothing.

In the grand scheme of things, nothing much will happen because we're human beings. Selfish, deluded and self-entitled whether you're the giver or the taker.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

i mod ssbb but i wasnt the guy that decoded the room and made the codding and for ppl to get incentive to decode the room so we can mod there needs to be software first, what would be the point of decoding the entire room if we couldnt apply the mods with a file patch code trough gecko os or trough rivolution? without proper tools available first its pointless to mod.

williamcesar2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. In an ideal world, we would all be genius in every single field. We can code perfectly, we can read japanese to translate, we can have the imagination to mod games in a way never thought before. But we DO NOT live in an ideal world. Most off us have a very specific skill set, something that we can do well at and suck at other things.

Just recently Smea somehow broke his 3DS and he was unable to unbrick it and had to have someone else unbrick it for him. He's good at coding but no so good with the physical modding.

The rationale of releasing every single thing that has been discovered is to outsource the work to the people out there. If means of say a CFW/rom translation was released, there will be people dedicated to the specific areas and these specific sections will flourish because of a dedicated team doing each part instead of one person managing everything. There'll be a team working on adding features to CFW, there'll be a separate team working on translations for games, there'll be a team working on homebrew games etc etc.

This is how homebrew/modding scene of the 3DS can be accelerated. Different people working together with different parts all for the purpose of pushing the hardware and software limitations of the 3DS console. I myself only have rudimentary coding knowledge but I'm able to translate from Japanese/Chinese to English. I'm sure there are people out there too with specific talents that are not used for the 3DS scene because of the attitude that "you can learn everything yourself, not helping you, not releasing to you".

The 3DS hacking scene should be bristling with way more activity than it is now if people were to share. However, the sad thing is that nobody shares their work in its entirety hence everyone has to work from the groundwork individually instead of simply building up on what currently exists. There is a lot of wasted energy and potential. That's a sad fact of life that there will always be people wanting the world on a platter for the work they have done and simultaneously there will be people wanting something for nothing.

In the grand scheme of things, nothing much will happen because we're human beings. Selfish, deluded and self-entitled whether you're the giver or the taker.

fine words! I can't stand it, much selfishness and self-righteousness

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh but of course noone cares about my AMAZING TRIANGLES

gputriangle.jpg

for shame people. for shame.
Missingno in X and Y confirmed! ;)

daicon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean the utmost respect, but I do feel the need to say you always come to say this same thing and it's always largely pointless.

Platinum Lucario

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
There's only one way to obtain the 3DS's AES key for the files in the ROMs. Which is to solder some equipment somewhere on the 3DS motherboard, then have some program running that can actually read the execution commands from the ARM11 chip in which would show up in machine code, which is basically displayed in hexadecimal. In one of those commands displayed in hexadecimal, you'll be bound to find the AES key to decrypt the ROMs.

We need to work together and once we find the AES key, we must show it to the entire world, so that other developers out there can create programs to modify the 3DS ROMs, and it would also help with 3DS Emulation too. ^^

Anyone with knowledge about A+ as well as modifying a computer motherboard should actually know this. And if anyone doesn't, feel free to learn more about it. ^^

uyjulian

Homebrewer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
There's only one way to obtain the 3DS's AES key for the files in the ROMs. Which is to solder some equipment somewhere on the 3DS motherboard, then have some program running that can actually read the execution commands from the ARM11 chip in which would show up in machine code, which is basically displayed in hexadecimal. In one of those commands displayed in hexadecimal, you'll be bound to find the AES key to decrypt the ROMs.

We need to work together and once we find the AES key, we must show it to the entire world, so that other developers out there can create programs to modify the 3DS ROMs, and it would also help with 3DS Emulation too. ^^

Anyone with knowledge about A+ as well as modifying a computer motherboard should actually know this. And if anyone doesn't, feel free to learn more about it. ^^

The keys are not easily accessible on the motherboard, you actually have to decap the 3DS CPU to get access to the keys. Or, only the AES engine inside the CPU has access to the keys, I wonder if it's possible to exploit the AES engine to give us the keys...

mathieulh

Trophies
Website
keybase.io
XP
Country
France
The keys are not easily accessible on the motherboard, you actually have to decap the 3DS CPU to get access to the keys. Or, only the AES engine inside the CPU has access to the keys, I wonder if it's possible to exploit the AES engine to give us the keys...
It's just easier to use a hacked 3DS to decrypt the data for you, isn't the AES engine as an oracle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol