3DS RAM Hacking?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by BullyWiiPlaza, Feb 11, 2015.

1. BullyWiiPlaza
    OP

BullyWiiPlaza Nintendo Hacking <3

Aug 2, 2014
    Germany
    So what's the method people use to do memory hacks for 3DS games? Obviously it involves using the browser but isn't that super tedious? Just wondering how feasible things are and which tools are being used for this because I've seen a couple of releases which did RAM editing for different games which did quite superb things.

2. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Addict

Sep 1, 2013
    United States
    It can be done with Yifanlu's Spider tools on 4.x-9.x, but you need to set up an arm build environment. Check out the release page for some helpful sources.

BullyWiiPlaza likes this.
  3. MichiS97

MichiS97 "Leftist snowflake milennial"

GBAtemp Patron
    MichiS97 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 14, 2011
    Germany
    Munich
    Could you give me some basic directions? I know a bit about programming and I'd like to try out RAM Hacking on MM3D

4. BullyWiiPlaza
    OP

BullyWiiPlaza Nintendo Hacking <3

Aug 2, 2014
    Germany
    Well, just go to the github repository here, install what's needed to run the project and mess around a bit.

Huntereb likes this.
  5. MichiS97

MichiS97 "Leftist snowflake milennial"

GBAtemp Patron
    MichiS97 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 14, 2011
    Germany
    Munich
    I actually tried this before and as I wasn't even able to compile anything I figured out I might just not know very much about programming :P

6. Huntereb

Huntereb GBAtemp Addict

Sep 1, 2013
    United States
    The compiler is very picky. Just follow the errors it gives loosely until you can get something to pop out.