aak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi i have a 3ds teal original model

it doesnt appear to charge at all (no orange light). there is not charge to turn on the device

i have also used the dock to try to charge the 3ds using accessory port but still no light turns on and no light even flickers

the charger works fine on my new 3ds

is there some help i can get thanks

also can i know any reset or recovery button options and does anyone know when a 3ds bricks what works (like does the device charge or show charging light) cause if it does mine is showing no light of any sort

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi i have a 3ds teal original model

it doesnt appear to charge at all (no orange light). there is not charge to turn on the device

i have also used the dock to try to charge the 3ds using accessory port but still no light turns on and no light even flickers

the charger works fine on my new 3ds

is there some help i can get thanks

also can i know any reset or recovery button options and does anyone know when a 3ds bricks what works (like does the device charge or show charging light) cause if it does mine is showing no light of any sort
Get a replacement battery also if u have a new 3ds non-xl it's the same battery inside

Last edited by Shadow#1,

aak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok but i tried removing the battery and running using ac adapter it doesnt even show a light. (does 3ds run without battery only on adapter???)
also the battery hasnt enlarged or anything so is the battery dead?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok but i tried removing the battery and running using ac adapter it doesnt even show a light. (does 3ds run without battery only on adapter???)
also the battery hasnt enlarged or anything so is the battery dead?
Requires a battery afaik

aak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i checked the charging port turns out it was loose form motherboard. i then soldered back the port on the 6 points . i tested it out by inserting cable into port and waiting for the orange indicator that appeared to turn off after 4-5 seconds and it did

now when i am inserting the battery (and the nyko battery as well) the charging light does not turn on (to charge the battery).
the batteries work that is they ON the console and everything but as soon as i insert the charger the indicator does NOT come on.

If i remove the battery and then reinsert the cable it again does the 4-5 second prodecure as menntioned above in this post

What is the problem that is causing the battery to not get charged by the charging port?

(btw i am using both cable and dock separately and getting same result)

check this as well

https://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/comments/2otq30/orange_light_turns_off_after_5_seconds/

edit: the orange light 5 second issue happens with and without original battery. but if i insert the nyko power pak then the console turns on and plays but the battery does not charge and the orange light does not turn ON at all.

Last edited by aak,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.