3ds problem constant moving

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Alpuy, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Alpuy
    OP

Alpuy GBAtemp Regular

Aug 12, 2015
    Uruguay
    Hello, i have a 3ds that has a problem in which once yoou turn it on, the cursor constantly moves right and down in the bottom screen, that also means that in the games there is a constant movement.

The circle pad isnt working when moved and in games that dont use circle pad, the movement with the d pad works fine.

When disconnecting the circle pad from the board, the problem persists and i tested the impedance in the circle pad and it seems to be working fine.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem or what could be the cause?

2. outeh

outeh Member

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2017
    Gambia, The
    I've had a simalar caused by a damaged Touchscreen.Are you sure youre Touchsreen is ok?

3. Cameron Lee

Cameron Lee Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2016
    I used to have a problem similar to that, where the cursor was constantly moving and the touchscreen wasnt working, so what I did (no joke) was use a tooth brush and just brush against and under the edges of the touchscreen. The issue may be dust or residue underneath the touchscreen, and this is how i fixed it.

4. Alpuy
    OP

Alpuy GBAtemp Regular

Aug 12, 2015
    Uruguay
    I have doubts that the touchscreen is correctly working because, did the circle pad work in your case?

Did you circle pad work? Mine does not respond when moved..

5. V0ltr0n

V0ltr0n GBAtemp Fan

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    Sounds like a textbook broken analog.

So the circle pad appears to be functioning properly when disconnected? It may be a touchscreen issue as others have said. Hopefully its not a problem with a circuit board.

Last edited by V0ltr0n, Mar 12, 2017
  6. Alpuy
    OP

Alpuy GBAtemp Regular

Aug 12, 2015
    Uruguay
    Yes the circle pad hardware seems to be working, the impedance varies between 1500 Ohms and 5000 Ohms aprox.

I forgot to mention that the problem persists even if i disconnect the touch screen.

7. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    the 3ds will default to right and down on the circle pad when it's diconnected so that's normal,

try the Circle Pad Calibration by holding L+R+Y while powering on the system

8. Alpuy
    OP

Alpuy GBAtemp Regular

Aug 12, 2015
    Uruguay
    I will try that and tell you what i find. thanks

9. Alpuy
    OP

Alpuy GBAtemp Regular

Aug 12, 2015
    Uruguay
    The L+R+Y seems not to be opening the circle pad callibration

10. Cameron Lee

Cameron Lee Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2016
    Since on the home menu the touchscreen is being used, the circle pad didnt work on the home menu, but it did work in game.

11. outeh

outeh Member

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2017
    Gambia, The
    The Circle pad generally doesn't work while the Touchscreen is touched (in the Homemenue or in the most Games)but when the Touchscreen wasn't active my circle pad worked

12. ChrisFlames

ChrisFlames Member

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2017
    United States
    I've had this same problem, but the screen was the problem. I cleaned the whole touch screen and the edges. It worked a bit after that, I calibrated everything