Gaming 3DS Preference Question: Full 3D, Partial, or no 3D?

Dizzi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the last DS I had before buying this new one was a DSi years ago. Now that I actually have a 3DS I was interested to actually try out the 3D function. I had heard from some friends that they didn't use it because of eye strain and nausea, but the games were still fun. My results have been mixed.

On some games I can have the 3D cranked all the way up and I'm fine. I even like the effect! But on others I feel like maybe the 3D aspect wasn't implemented correctly and I do get that nauseous/eye strain feeling. On the Nintendo first-party games it seem to be implemented very well, which you would expect. It's mostly on the other games I've tried from other developers that this issue crops up.

So my question remains: Do most of you actually use the 3D function, or is it just a novelty?

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Full. I haven't turned my 3D off since my first 3DS back in 2011. I still think that 3D effect without glasses is pretty dang magical, plus I just love the extra level of immersion it gives me. I remember the very first time I played the system with the 3D on, it did hurt my eyes, but I think that was because I just had to adjust to what it was that I was looking at. Because after that initial play session, it never hurt or strained my eyes again to play with the 3D on, and so I always kept it on at full blast.

Reactions: tommikinder

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Depends on the game.
Some games do 3D neat, some don't. I remember playing Professor Layton Vs. Ace Attorney in 2D, turning on 3D towards the end and realizing how nice the backgrounds looked with the 3D effect.
I usually have it off though.

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Depends on the game. I've been playing Gurumin with 3D on at all times and it looks pretty good, so does Resident Evil Revelations.
I use partial when my eyes hurt and full when I'm fine.

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the last DS I had before buying this new one was a DSi years ago. Now that I actually have a 3DS I was interested to actually try out the 3D function. I had heard from some friends that they didn't use it because of eye strain and nausea, but the games were still fun. My results have been mixed.

On some games I can have the 3D cranked all the way up and I'm fine. I even like the effect! But on others I feel like maybe the 3D aspect wasn't implemented correctly and I do get that nauseous/eye strain feeling. On the Nintendo first-party games it seem to be implemented very well, which you would expect. It's mostly on the other games I've tried from other developers that this issue crops up.

So my question remains: Do most of you actually use the 3D function, or is it just a novelty?
full 3d all the time, I only get some eye strain on the 3ds when I'm watching a long 3D movie.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT