Hardware 3DS - Powering on, solid blue light. No life.

falken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Issue is definitely with the mainboard, placed it into another working system and the same issue is there.

Powers on with a solid blue light.
Screens don't come on, no wifi indicator and can't enter recovery mode.

Seems like a bricked system? Anything that can be done with it? (Don't have a nand backup, wasn't my console)

D

Deleted User

I read somewhere that you can unbrick with a Raspberry Pi.
If yours is "superbricked" or something, though, I recommend keeping it around anyway. Just in case.

LameNobody

Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Issue is definitely with the mainboard, placed it into another working system and the same issue is there.

Seems like a bricked system? Anything that can be done with it? (Don't have a nand backup, wasn't my console)
Yes, it's bricked... the only way to fix it will be with a nand backup (which you don't have)

I read somewhere that you can unbrick with a Raspberry Pi.
If yours is "superbricked" or something, though, I recommend keeping it around anyway. Just in case.
The raspberry pi / arduino unbricking process only works on consoles bricked by Gateway OMEGA firmware..
This type of brick presents with a blue screen at boot.

falken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, it's bricked... the only way to fix it will be with a nand backup (which you don't have)

The raspberry pi / arduino unbricking process only works on consoles bricked by Gateway OMEGA firmware..
This type of brick presents with a blue screen at boot.

Thanks, so it's only use is to teardown for spares? Just want to make sure before I do.

LameNobody

Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks, so it's only use is to teardown for spares? Just want to make sure before I do.
Unless you are able to access the recovery menu, you'll need a backup for anything otherwise..

Recovery mode:
The recovery mode (also known as Safe Mode Boot) can be accessed when turning on the Nintendo 3DS while holding A+R+L+Up(DPad). This menu is made to update your Nintendo 3DS through internet, if an update previously failed.

http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Recovery_Mode

falken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Unless you are able to access the recovery menu, you'll need a backup for anything otherwise..

Recovery mode:
The recovery mode (also known as Safe Mode Boot) can be accessed when turning on the Nintendo 3DS while holding A+R+L+Up(DPad). This menu is made to update your Nintendo 3DS through internet, if an update previously failed.

http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Recovery_Mode

Thanks for the input, recovery mode was the first thing I tried. Doesn't boot into recovery either.

Reactions: LameNobody

Shadicluigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Same thing to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la