Better Than You
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Years ago, Nintendo released the Nintendo DS and the DS Lite. Anyone could import them and play games on them. Those days are long gone, and with the Nintendo 3DS, they don't look like they're returning.

According to an email from Nintendo's Japanese support, the Nintendo 3DS is region coded, which means that players cannot play games from different regions on the system. As Nintendo support explains, if one plays a Korean 3DS game on a Japanese 3DS (or vice versa), it won't work — and so on and so forth.

This should come as too much of a shock as the Nintendo DSi and the DSi XL have region codes.

Kotaku is following up with Nintendo to confirm whether or not the 3DS is actually region locked.
Source.

antwill

Better Than You
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bladexdsl said:
fuck nintendo can do some really stupid fucking things when they want to....
They don't care, they have money, and they know all the stupid fanboys will buy anything with their logo on it. How is guaranteed money making stupid?

antwill

Better Than You
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gifi4 said:
http://gbatemp.net/t273986-confirmed-the-3...ocked?&st=0

I think this is the 3rd thread on this topic...
Except for the fact that A: This is in user submitted news for all to see, B: That link title is quick to jump to conclusions. Hence why mine is better worded with the "Possibly"...

After all no one has anything to go by except for an email which can be easily faked.

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It is stupid, if anything they lose money.
Pirates will still hack the region code or patch it on games, so no issue there.
Importers aren't breaking the law, however they are no longer allowed to play imported games, so when a game comes out that isn't localized they have no option but to pirate it or go without...
unsure.gif
where is profit?

antwill

Better Than You
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DeadLocked said:
Pirates will still hack the region code or patch it on games, so no issue there.
Importers aren't breaking the law, however they are no longer allowed to play imported games, so when a game comes out that isn't localized they have no option but to pirate it or go without...
unsure.gif
where is profit?
I'm sure they're going to miss the profit from all 10 of those games that importers would have usually bought...

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
antwill said:
DeadLocked said:
unsure.gif
where is profit?
I'm sure they're going to miss the profit from all 10 of those games that importers would have usually bought...
That's hundreds of thousands of dollars, I know I would miss it.
Also, my point is, where is profit?
EDIT: Oh, and it's not just games.
I know that a lot of people here even wanted to import the 3DS from japan.

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antwill said:
gifi4 said:

Except for the fact that A: This is in user submitted news for all to see, B: That link title is quick to jump to conclusions. Hence why mine is better worded with the "Possibly"...

After all no one has anything to go by except for an email which can be easily faked.

Do you think it is fake, honestly? It's a subject Nintendo has tried to dodge when asked about, for starters. People asked as far back as E3.

antwill

Better Than You
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Goofy Time said:
antwill said:
gifi4 said:

Do you think it is fake, honestly? It's a subject Nintendo has tried to dodge when asked about, for starters. People asked as far back as E3.
Why would they wait this long only to have it revealed by a support email, when people could angrily complain having pre-ordered Japanese games/3DS, whereas they wouldn't had they known.

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
antwill said:
Goofy Time said:
antwill said:
gifi4 said:

Why would they wait this long only to have it revealed by a support email, when people could angrily complain having pre-ordered Japanese games/3DS, whereas they wouldn't had they known.

Because Nintendo just recently opened the doors on the 3DS, therefore are letting out all of the details about the system? The same could have been said about the price (which we STILL don't know of internationally) and the battery life. Those are things they kept close because it's Nintendo. They always do this.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't effect me much, I expected this much and I pretty much import all my games now (nothing I play ever gets localized anyway). No loss for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-