Hardware 3ds Orange light on then off when Charging

perciiperciipercii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hello Masters and Idols,

I have an Old 3ds which have a fairly common problem yet unsolved. My 3ds is not turning on, and when plugged with charger it shows ORANGE LIGHT for about 3-5 seconds then turns off. I tried dissembling the device and saw a faulty solder on the charger port and fixed it, i also checked the 2 fuse and both shows no sign of defect (continuity test okay) . So I wonder what should I do next? I tried, replacing the battery and charger but both seems not working. Would really appreciate any help fixing this. Thanks a lot.

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hello Masters and Idols,

I have an Old 3ds which have a fairly common problem yet unsolved. My 3ds is not turning on, and when plugged with charger it shows ORANGE LIGHT for about 3-5 seconds then turns off. I tried dissembling the device and saw a faulty solder on the charger port and fixed it, i also checked the 2 fuse and both shows no sign of defect (continuity test okay) . So I wonder what should I do next? I tried, replacing the battery and charger but both seems not working. Would really appreciate any help fixing this. Thanks a lot.
Sounds like the battery is broken/not making contact or there could be another blown fuse or even a dead charging IC
Check if the battery contacts are working properly with your multimeter

Reactions: E1ite007

perciiperciipercii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Sounds like the battery is broken/not making contact or there could be another blown fuse or even a dead charging IC
Check if the battery contacts are working properly with your multimeter

Thank you sir. I replace the battery, and still no power. I checked the contact and it is okay. If it is a charging IC, then it should turn on the moment I tried using a working battery from a working 3ds right? but that seems not working. Could it be an IC problem? if so, what should I do? thanks

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thank you sir. I replace the battery, and still no power. I checked the contact and it is okay. If it is a charging IC, then it should turn on the moment I tried using a working battery from a working 3ds right? but that seems not working. Could it be an IC problem? if so, what should I do? thanks
If it also can't turn on with a fully working and charged battery then it's probably another blown fuse or some worse problem in the motherboard
The easiest way to fix it is probably replacing the entire motherboard unless you can find the blown fuse or IC and have the tools and experience to replace it

perciiperciipercii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
If it also can't turn on with a fully working and charged battery then it's probably another blown fuse or some worse problem in the motherboard
The easiest way to fix it is probably replacing the entire motherboard unless you can find the blown fuse or IC and have the tools and experience to replace it

Thanks buddy. It seems like the board or whatever part of the board but not the fuse. The fuse is working fine. deyum.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo