3DS NXEngine: Cave Story has issues

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by AriyaIsTheBest, Mar 17, 2017.

1. AriyaIsTheBest
    OP

AriyaIsTheBest Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2017
    United States
    I put both folders (Aeon Genesis translation & original Cave Story) into a folder, and when I boot up Dokutsu.exe, it works. However, all text is a mess, and there is no music. I played until I explored the first town a little. Everything else is fine though. What should I do? The Aeon Genesis .exe files aren't recognized by NXEngine, either

2. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    please don't make multi-threads for the same issue

when someone with the knowledge to answer your question comes along you will get your answer . . . but creating another thread will not make that any quicker

Last edited by wormdood, Mar 17, 2017
  3. AriyaIsTheBest
    OP

AriyaIsTheBest Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2017
    United States
    Sorry about that. The other post I made was a reply, but I thought that people might not see it, so I made this post. Also, to clarify: Last post was a different issue. Just wanted to make that clear. Well, now that you're here, would you mind helping me with this?

4. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

Jan 3, 2014
    United States
    behind a parental advisory sticker
    i wish i could but i never used the nxengine emulator as i have cfw so i played cave story 3d instead

5. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 25, 2015
    United States
    There's an official 3ds and dsi version.

Both are quite easy to obtain.

If you want the aeon genesis translation, play it on a psp instead, with the wide screen. :)

6. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    actually i've seen 2 3DS versions one that seems to run natively in 3DS mode but is teh same to the DSI version then theres the 3D Remake "Cavestory 3D" to the op i fi could share teh files w/o getting bit by Admins . i would but i dont have any issues using the Aeon Genesis files, are you sure you patched the Orginal Japanese version correctly?

7. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Why not just play the official one? It doesn't make any sense to play an engine port, when there's already an official version.

8. Zaphod77

Zaphod77 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 25, 2015
    United States
    dsiware cave story and 3ds cave story (that looks like original game) are on the (fre)Eshop

the 3d remake is cart only, but google can help you find it.

Last edited by Zaphod77, Mar 18, 2017
  9. r3muxd

r3muxd Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 26, 2017
    United States
    Sorry for bumping, but use the nightlies. In stable you can't even progress past first cave because the gun doesn't work.