3DS Notification LED

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Zoroark1989, Mar 29, 2011.

Mar 29, 2011

3DS Notification LED by Zoroark1989 at 6:13 AM (2,581 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. Zoroark1989
    OP

Newcomer Zoroark1989 Member

United States
    How do i get my 3DS notification to light up when i have a Spotpass or when a friend goes online? It's off all the time even though I have a few friends already on my friendslist.

2. altorn

Member altorn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    if a friend in the Friends List goes online, the light turns orange.
    if you tag someone you pass by with StreetPass, it lights green.

im not sure where to set it but it should be in the Plaza. i dunno, i didnt touch anything.

3. Zoroark1989
    OP

Newcomer Zoroark1989 Member

United States
    Never mind, i forgot that when the 3DS is in sleep mode, Wireless Functions are disabled but StreetPass gets activated. When i had the system on and a friend went online, it did turn orange. Nintendo should make it so that Wi-Fi is on all the time even on sleep mode.

4. dicamarques

Member dicamarques Definitely not Bruce Wayne.

Portugal
    Funny but mine never got on, yesterday went on because of the update, but never saw it orange???
    And yes i have friends in the friend list, quick note if i get something from spot pass, shouldnt the led become blue?? Because i got new videos from ninty video and didnt got the blue led on???

5. _elf_

Newcomer _elf_ Member

Portugal
    Never saw the orange led myself (no friends..forever alone guy here)
    The 3DS video stuff never turned the blue led for me, neither did Pokedex 3D.. only the blue thingie in the icon.
    I believe it is only update stuff and things that go to the notification area.. (to much stuff and things [​IMG] )

6. ccfreak2k

Newcomer ccfreak2k Advanced Member

United States
    It is. SpotPass, remember?

7. The Milkman

Member The Milkman GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman

United States
    Ok pokedex doesnt light up blue because its only getting content to that game, Spotpass is ALWAYS active but doesnt alert you untill you get new content or notification. Friends list is a bit tricky but it ONLY alerts you when your in a game or app. Streetpass is simple. You pass another 3DS looking for streetpasses wireless contact begins. Spot and Street are ALWAYS active. any questions class [​IMG]