• Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

primetime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I launched rxmode and booted into SysNAND and I'm trying to launch Hblauncher_loader v1.0 and I'm getting a black screen error message. Detected system-version Old3DS 8.1.0-19 USA. "error failed to download the actual payload with HTTP: oxfffffffe. May mean your system-version or region isn't supported by the hblauncher payload currently. HTTP statuscode 404.

What is the fix for this? I'm assuming I need to update the SysNAND from 8.1.0-19 to a 9.2.x-xx? My EmuNAND is updated to the latest firmware.

Also how do I save a 3ds XL game to my SD card using rxtools so that I no longer have to have the game to play it and what is the best way to play NES roms on a 3ds XL? I heard using cia for NES roms is choppy and slow, so what's the alternative?

Is BigBlueBox just as good as FBI or should I install FBI also?

Last edited by primetime,

hisagishi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I launched rxmode and booted into SysNAND and I'm trying to launch Hblauncher_loader v1.0 and I'm getting a black screen error message. Detected system-version Old3DS 8.1.0-19 USA. "error failed to download the actual payload with HTTP: oxfffffffe. May mean your system-version or region isn't supported by the hblauncher payload currently. HTTP statuscode 404.

What is the fix for this? I'm assuming I need to update the SysNAND from 8.1.0-19 to a 9.2.x-xx? My EmuNAND is updated to the latest firmware.

Also how do I save a 3ds XL game to my SD card using rxtools so that I no longer have to have the game to play it and what is the best way to play NES roms on a 3ds XL? I heard using cia for NES roms is choppy and slow, so what's the alternative?

TBH I found FBI much easier to install than BBM. RXtools basically does everything for you, you just need to run TDH first to get the right version number then pop that on your SD card and install it via RXtools.

BobDoleOwndU walked me through it a couple pages back, 10/10 would recommend.

Last edited by hisagishi,

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

TBH I found FBI much easier to install than BBM. RXtools basically does everything for you, you just need to run TDH first to get the right version number then pop that on your SD card and install it via RXtools.

Thedude28 walked me through it a couple pages back, 10/10 would recommend.
That was me actually. XD

Anyway here's the post: http://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.359035/page-861#post-6108949.

hisagishi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry but I'm a newbie when it comes to CFW. Am I safe to update my emunand to the latest update? I'm on 9.2 sysnand and emunand running rxtools.
Yes, update through the system settings and make sure you're in emuNAND before updating. Verify that the RX-E prefix is before the version number before you update.

Reactions: angrybanana5000

angrybanana5000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, update through the system settings and make sure you're in emuNAND before updating. Verify that the RX-E prefix is before the version number before you update.

Thanks. At first I kept getting a black screen when booting to emunand, but then I updated rxTools to the new beta and it worked. Now I'm rocking and rolling 9.0 sys / 10.6 emu. B)

TheDoctor12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to put save files from one game to the 3d's SD card? I'm borrowing a game from a friend and I soon going to buy the game my self. Is it possible for someone to do that? I have the most recent version of the 3ds 10.6.0-31U pls send a tutorial or link. It will will be a great help thank!

ArugulaZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, this is a rather broad question, but I've been thinking about it a lot over the last few days. Should I have my New 3DS XL hardmodded? I'm getting sick of Nintendo patching exploits and would like to have quicker access to emulators. However, is it worth the expense to hardmod? Are there any risks involved, and can I count on the mod to work regardless of future patches? Or would it be wiser to just invest in a dedicated system for my homebrew and emulation needs? Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

CharlesHoy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Couple of questions, I have my 2DS cow on 9.2 sysnand and 10.3 emunand but neither can install any CIAs anymore when they did previously coming up with an unknown error? any reason why or should i reformat my 2DS and just start a new with 9.2 sysnand?

Also, i have a N3DSXL which is haxxed on 10.3, which I wasn't planning on CFW'ing would I be safe to update to the latest firmware without hax? I do have OOThax set up for my 2DS but I should be able to access that on my N3DS if I update the hax?

SamHack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is it risky to do a system transfer from an Old 3ds XL gateway emunand to a New 3ds XL gateway emunand (don't have a NNiD) ?

Last edited by SamHack,

Deleted member 125555

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
no
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I have been reading up on private headers and have a couple questions on them;

I was reading that in order to play games online from CFW, you will need a private header.

I also read that getting one game's private header can be converted to work on any game so that it can be played online. Is this true?

Also, if I do not have a Sky or Gateway, how can I extract the private header from my game?

If I cannot do that, where can I get a private header (paid or not) to apply to all of my games?

Freigeist

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've a very special Question: I've got a (Old) 3DS with 6.1.0-0E and I want to install a CFW on it. Unfortunately neither the browser (would require an update) nor the card slot (doesn't recognize any games) works. Is there any way I could update the 3DS? Something like faking an update server?

And I've another question: I've another 3DS with CFW setup, is it possible to dump cardrigdes and install the games with this?

Desmu

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello !

I don't know if I'm at the right place to expose my problem, sorry if it's the case.

I had a normal 3DS with a 2GB SD card. One day, I've downloaded the digital copy of Pokémon Y from the eShop, and I had to buy a 8GB SD card to store it. But I forgot to transfer what I had in my 2GB SD card to the new one. So I had to switch SD cards everytime I wanted to play Pokémon Y. What a great idea.

Then I've bought a New3DS. It took me an afternoon to understand the transferring process from an old 3DS to a new one in my situation ... and It wasn't enough. The transfer from my first SD card was successful, but then, the old 3DS was formated ... and reading the content of the 8GB SD card from a 3DS was now impossible. I think that the save archiving function on 3DS was here to help me, too late.

So the files are saved, but I can't use them on my New3DS. There's the antisavegame-system described here https://gbatemp.net/threads/antisav...value-updater-ps-acnl-prw-ssb-xy-oras.396644/ and I tried to use the program ... but it doesn't work, the game still can't read my save. Is it because of the fact that I'm not using the same console ?

I don't want to lose the save (there are random-obtained shinies and level-100 Starters transferred from the older versions I've played). Is there any hope to recover it and make it playable again, or is it too late ?

Thanks in advance.

mc-kiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hi guys Been away for a while and i am curious

I have a fw 8.1 2ds and cubic Ninja
What is the best and easiest way to get a CW (since i own cubic Ninja maybe there is an easier way for a noob like me) ? Is rxtools still the way to go ?

Maybe there is a Video which could explain everything step by step ?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've a very special Question: I've got a (Old) 3DS with 6.1.0-0E and I want to install a CFW on it. Unfortunately neither the browser (would require an update) nor the card slot (doesn't recognize any games) works. Is there any way I could update the 3DS? Something like faking an update server?

And I've another question: I've another 3DS with CFW setup, is it possible to dump cardrigdes and install the games with this?
I think the only option you would have for 6.1 3DS is to update it to 10.6 then install a hard mod and downgrade. Unfortunately without the browser or a working card slot, that's the only way to get CFW on the 3DS.

Yes, it is possible to dump games and install them as cias. You can use the Gateway Launcher to dump your games, then convert them to cias.

There are multiple ways to convert roms to cias, but the way I like to do it is to generate all of the XORpads with Decrypt9, then use Riku's Simple CIA Converter to convert them to cias.

Hello !

I don't know if I'm at the right place to expose my problem, sorry if it's the case.

I had a normal 3DS with a 2GB SD card. One day, I've downloaded the digital copy of Pokémon Y from the eShop, and I had to buy a 8GB SD card to store it. But I forgot to transfer what I had in my 2GB SD card to the new one. So I had to switch SD cards everytime I wanted to play Pokémon Y. What a great idea.

Then I've bought a New3DS. It took me an afternoon to understand the transferring process from an old 3DS to a new one in my situation ... and It wasn't enough. The transfer from my first SD card was successful, but then, the old 3DS was formated ... and reading the content of the 8GB SD card from a 3DS was now impossible. I think that the save archiving function on 3DS was here to help me, too late.

So the files are saved, but I can't use them on my New3DS. There's the antisavegame-system described here https://gbatemp.net/threads/antisav...value-updater-ps-acnl-prw-ssb-xy-oras.396644/ and I tried to use the program ... but it doesn't work, the game still can't read my save. Is it because of the fact that I'm not using the same console ?

I don't want to lose the save (there are random-obtained shinies and level-100 Starters transferred from the older versions I've played). Is there any hope to recover it and make it playable again, or is it too late ?

Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately, unless you have a backup of the NAND the saves were created with, I don't think there's a way to recover your saves.

Hi guys Been away for a while and i am curious

I have a fw 8.1 2ds and cubic Ninja
What is the best and easiest way to get a CW (since i own cubic Ninja maybe there is an easier way for a noob like me) ? Is rxtools still the way to go ?

Maybe there is a Video which could explain everything step by step ?
Follow this tutorial to get rxTools set up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Gonna do my homework