• Views 4,536,123
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

shurbega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Try using rxTools 3.0 beta 8, it has a different firmware.bin and the launcher.dat has been removed, now for code.bin

You can safely use sysupdater with it, I have tested it, just make sure you generate the new firmware.bin and place it together with the code.bin

You should have different results.
I have installed it but now the CFW boots automatically, don't let me choose any option before the load

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have installed it but now the CFW boots automatically, don't let me choose any option before the load

But you should be able to see a message to press R to open the menu as rxTools is loading, what do you see when you launch it? Try spamming R after launch, you should get there, sure is the 3.0 beta 8?

shurbega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
But you should be able to see a message to press R to open the menu as rxTools is loading, what do you see when you launch it? Try spamming R after launch, you should get there, sure is the 3.0 beta 8?
I'm not sure, I don't know where I have to download it. The version that I've downloaded is this rxTools_10-02-15_19-07.9f48bb8

shurbega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can try google I guess... Or try pressing L in that build that you are currently using to see if the menu opens.
Finally I could!
But now when I boot devmode how can I know that I am at devmode and not in sysnand? Because it seems like SysNand or doesn't load good at all
Thank you!

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally I could!
But now when I boot devmode how can I know that I am at devmode and not in sysnand? Because it seems like SysNand or doesn't load good at all
Thank you!

Yes it worked properly, Dev Mode is sysnand with signatures patched and firmware spoofing disabled.

Now:
1)Use FBI to install sysupdater.cia in sysnand Destination: SD
2)Put the updates folder in the root of the SD card.
3)Launch Dev Mode
4)Open sysupdater and press A

@wormdood Figured out lol

shurbega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes it worked properly, Dev Mode is sysnand with signatures patched and firmware spoofing disabled.

Now:
1)Use FBI to install sysupdater.cia in sysnand Destination: SD
2)Put the updates folder in the root of the SD card.
3)Launch Dev Mode
4)Open sysupdater and press A

@wormdood Figured out lol
But when I install sysupdater throw FBI It don't give me the option to install the .cia on sysnand just install and it appears on sysnand and emunand . Is that right?
Thank you!!

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But when I install sysupdater throw FBI It don't give me the option to install the .cia on sysnand just install and it appears on sysnand and emunand . Is that right?
Thank you!!

I think you are a little confused about how FBI works, FBI doesn't give you the option to install in sysnand/emunand; If you want to install something in sysnand you have to open FBI while you are in sysnand, if you want to install something in emunand then you have to open FBI while in emunand.

Just make sure that the destination is set to SD, not NAND.

Last edited by Tony_93,

shurbega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think you are a little confused about how FBI works, FBI doesn't give you the option to install in sysnand/emunand; If you want to install something in sysnand you have to open FBI while you are in sysnand, if you want to install something in emunand then you have to open FBI while in emunand.

Just make sure that the destination is set to SD, not NAND.
Yes, Im a little bit confused, when I installed FBI it asked to me if I want to install on emuNAND or sysNAND, and I choose emuNAND, then I boot CFW on emuNAND and install the .cia file of sysupdater. And now I have to boot devmode and launch the sysupdater and install the 9.2.0-20E . I did something wrong?

Thank you!

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, Im a little bit confused, when I installed FBI it asked to me if I want to install on emuNAND or sysNAND, and I choose emuNAND, then I boot CFW on emuNAND and install the .cia file of sysupdater. And now I have to boot devmode and launch the sysupdater and install the 9.2.0-20E . I did something wrong?

Thank you!

Dude, you are trying to update sysnand right?... Why would you boot CFW into emunand and install some program in emunand when you want to use the program to update sysnand?...

Wouldn't be logic to boot the CFW in sysnand, install the program in sysnand because you want to update SYSNAND?

Even if you scroll up a couple of messages, did you read the first step of what I told you?

"1)Use FBI to install sysupdater.cia in sysnand Destination: SD"

This is what happens when you don't follow instructions, just create confusion and make things harder for yourself.

Boot Dev Mode, if you installed it in sysnand you should be able to open it I guess.

shurbega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dude, you are trying to update sysnand right?... Why would you boot CFW into emunand and install some program in emunand when you want to use the program to update sysnand?...

Wouldn't be logic to boot the CFW in sysnand, install the program in sysnand because you want to update SYSNAND?

Even if you scroll up a couple of messages, did you read the first step of what I told you?

"1)Use FBI to install sysupdater.cia in sysnand Destination: SD"

This is what happens when you don't follow instructions, just create confusion and make things harder for yourself.

Boot Dev Mode, if you installed it in sysnand you should be able to open it I guess.

Yes I read it but sometimes I missunderstood cause my level of english, I'm sorry.
But to install some .cia in my sysnand I have to install FBI on my sysnand? That's the only thing that now I'm confused about.

Thank you so much for your help and patience!

shurbega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I read it but sometimes I missunderstood cause my level of english, I'm sorry.
But to install some .cia in my sysnand I have to install FBI on my sysnand? That's the only thing that now I'm confused about.

Thank you so much for your help and patience!

Finally I could update it!!! @Tony_93 Thank you so much!!

Reactions: Tony_93

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Call me whatever, but how do I install ntr plugins? I am launching NTR 3.0 trough BootNTR cia installed in n3ds 9.5 rxtools emuNand. I want to try out the CpuClock plugin over The binding of isaac.

I have it like this: SD:/plugins/CpuClock.plg, SD:/ntr.bin
And when I go all X+Y on it I don't see anything more in the menu.
Edit: Oh and clean mode crashes everything.

Edit2: Found it! correct path is SD:/plugin/home/CpuClock.plg
Notice plugin without the s.
Oh and just fyi, isaac crashes if cpu is set lower than 800 Mhz.

Last edited by Urbanshadow,

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anything been attempted to make a homebrew that can convert 3DS games to CIA, or would that be impossible for some reason?

There are cia converters out there already, the only thing I see why would you want something like that is for convenience maybe? Anyways, it would take a lot of work to make something like that work in the 3DS all by itself, and you would still need kernel access at the end of the day.

I don't see ayone going into a project that complex to get something we already have (A 3DS-CIA converter).

Zchagolein

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hi guys a have a question... i buy a new nintendo 3ds JP with firmware 8.1 and i want get region free or something to play games, i dont really know what to do with my N3DS because there is so many tutorials that not work on 8.1 T_T

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==