Hacking 3ds no longer detects my SD card

Judespace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I had to reformat my SD card (8GB SanDisk from like 2010) because it was acting really strange. I couldn’t install any CIA’s onto it as I would just get the
Failed to install cia
Result Code: 0xD8E0806A
Level: Permanent (27)
Summary: Invalid Argument (7)
Module: AM (32)
Desc: Cert signature or hash check failed (106)
Error.
I reformatted (FaT32 using DiskUtility on macOS) and copied every file from the last SD card over. Now when I put it in my 3ds, I get the “The SD card cannot be read” error.
The CIA error is when I try to install the FE fates translation patch, using my dumped copy of the Japanese special edition. I used the provided patcher from their GitHub. The regular Japanese version worked fine but now when I try to install it I get that error.
I have Luma version 9.1 and firmware version 11.90-42U
So what am I supposed to being doing for both of these issues? Getting a new SD card isn’t completely out of the question either and wouldn’t be a huge deal but I would prefer not to

Last edited by Judespace,

Engezerstorung

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i think i read somewhere that formatting with a mac can cause issues in those cases but since i never owned a mac i cant do anything further to help here, hope someone will be able to help

ps : maybe try another formatting tool

Judespace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think i read somewhere that formatting with a mac can cause issues in those cases but since i never owned a mac i cant do anything further to help here, hope someone will be able to help

ps : maybe try another formatting tool
I’ll use my windows partition and try it, I’ll also h2testw on it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night