Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chris888222 said:
chemistryfreak said:
klim28 said:
I thought my 2nd 3DS would be EU for the One Piece Unlimited Cruide SP. But now I think of getting a JP one if this never gets localized.

I am already making plans to get a Japanese 3DS~ For the sake of One Piece and future Pokemon 3D games~
Japanese sets are now CHEAPER than local US sets excluding freight charges.

Where will you order yours? Amazon?

Anyway, I really hope Monster Hunter gets localized. I really enjoy the game very much.
It will, Nintendo pushed for the Wii version outta Japan and I'm sure they'll make sure the 3DS version gets localised as well.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
heartgold said:
chris888222 said:
chemistryfreak said:
klim28 said:
I thought my 2nd 3DS would be EU for the One Piece Unlimited Cruide SP. But now I think of getting a JP one if this never gets localized.

I am already making plans to get a Japanese 3DS~ For the sake of One Piece and future Pokemon 3D games~

Anyway, I really hope Monster Hunter gets localized. I really enjoy the game very much.
It will, Nintendo pushed for the Wii version outta Japan and I'm sure they'll make sure the 3DS version gets localised as well.
SERIOUS??

Oh man, I really hope so!
tongue.gif

chemistryfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
chris888222 said:
chemistryfreak said:
klim28 said:

Is it possible for Nintendo to remove region lock? Like a firmware update? Just Curious...

Last edited by chemistryfreak,

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
chemistryfreak said:
chris888222 said:
chemistryfreak said:
klim28 said:

I will be getting it from local online gameshops (Either funsquare or Qisahn) I asked about the pricing, it is about S$250 but downside is no 1 year warranty
frown.gif
THEY SELL IT??

Holy crap I really want to trade in my system for a JP one now...

man I'm impatient. I guess I must have missed MH too much ever since my PSP broke down.
tongue.gif

chemistryfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
chris888222 said:
THEY SELL IT??

Yeah they sell it, but I am worried that after I buy a Japanese set, Nintendo decide that the region lock on the 3DS is redundant and decide to remove region lock through a firmware update...then I am so screwed
frown.gif

Last edited by chemistryfreak,

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
chemistryfreak said:
chris888222 said:
THEY SELL IT??

Yea they sell it, but I am worried that after I buy a Japanese set, Nintendo decide that the region lock on the 3DS is redundant and decide to remove region lock through a firmware update...then I am screwed
frown.gif

Anyway is it possible for Nintendo to remove region lock? Like a firmware update? Just Curious about this...I don't want to waste another S$250 just to get screwed over by Nintendo...
Nintendo Support USA has stated reasons why the 3DS is region locked... so I doubt they'll remove it.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chris888222 said:
heartgold said:
SERIOUS??

tongue.gif

Yep, Nintendo gave capcom their support, Nintendo's marketing was quite good to help promote the game. Also the online was free for the US/EU, supposely Nintendo paid capcom upfront for their servers, cuz I know the Japanese had to pay.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
heartgold said:
chris888222 said:
heartgold said:
SERIOUS??

tongue.gif

Yep, Nintendo gave capcom their support, Nintendo's marketing was quite good to help promote the game. Also the online was free for the US/EU, supposely Nintendo paid capcom upfront for their servers, cuz I know the Japanese had to pay.
Nintendo, please don't disappoint me on this one.
tongue.gif
laugh.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I said this in another topic, but this game is easily among the 3DS' best looking games. The Wii version was already among the best looking games on the system, but the 3DS version appears to have IMPROVED the visuals somewhat. The colors are now more vibrant and beautiful and the character models now cast dynamic shadows on the environment (Tri on Wii used basic circular blob shadows). So yeah, i'd consider it an improvement, within the confines of the 3DS' somewhat lower resolution (it'll look better on the small 3DS screen than stretched on a huge HD screen as well).

Very large scale environments with lots of detail. I can't really spot any downgrades from the Wii version's graphics. It's a beautiful game. I hope the game looks as good in motion and has a smooth framerate, but i think Capcom can probably pull it off. We'll find out soon enough. I'm impressed to say the least. They've even got the lighting effects from the sun and in the water, and particle effects in the volcano level.

I really have to say though- looks like the 3DS IS capable of Wii caliber visuals or better. Guess the developers weren't talking out of their ass after all! The only sad part about this game is looking at how other developers have squandered the 3DS' capabilities, some having put absolutely NO effort into their game's visuals (*cough Ubisoft cough*). Whatever feelings you might have about Capcom's treatment of their fanbase, you can't deny they keep raising the bar for 3DS' capabilities. I'm as angry as anyone about stuff like MML3's cancellation, but i cannot deny that Capcom can make some gorgeous games and is putting a clear effort into the visuals of the 3DS.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
granville said:
I said this in another topic, but this game is easily among the 3DS' best looking games. The Wii version was already among the best looking games on the system, but the 3DS version has even IMPROVED the visuals slightly. The colors are more vibrant and beautiful and the character models now cast dynamic shadows on the environment (Wii used circular blob shadows). So yeah, what i'd consider an improvement, within the confines of the 3DS' somewhat lower resolution.

Very large scale environments with lots of detail too. I can't really spot any downgrades from the Wii version. It's a beautiful game. I hope the game looks as good in motion and has a smooth framerate, but i think Capcom can probably pull it off. We'll find out soon enough.

I really have to say though- looks like the 3DS IS capable of Wii caliber visuals or better. Guess the developers weren't talking out of their ass after all! The only sad part about this game is looking at how other developers have squandered the 3DS' capabilities, some having put absolutely NO effort into their game's visuals (*cough Ubisoft cough*). Whatever feelings you might have about Capcom's treatment of their fanbase, you can't deny they keep raising the bar for 3DS' capabilities. I'm as angry as anyone about stuff like MML3's cancellation, but i cannot deny that Capcom can make some gorgeous games and is putting a clear effort into the visuals of the 3DS.
+1 to that.

It's remarkable to see what the 3DS can actually pull off!

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
I'm as angry as anyone about stuff like MML3's cancellation, but i cannot deny that Capcom can make some gorgeous games and is putting a clear effort into the visuals of the 3DS.
True.

Wonder if they got this thing running 60fps with 3D?

Read somewhere that the 3D is well built in.
biggrin.gif

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nugundam0079 said:
I was reading the comments from the first page-Seems alot of you either

A. Don't have the patience for MH
B.You're just plain horrible at the game

A. is understandable MH isnt just a sit down and play title, you really have to invest your time to get better

B. You really just couldnt handle the difficulty, so it's better that you're missing this one cause, to be honest, who wants to play with players who don't know what the hell they're doing?

I'll second everything you've said.

MH is akin to an MMO. You start out doing tedious collection and delivery jobs over and over until finally down the line you get into the meat and potatoes. Even then, when you finally start hunting the big stuff, you have to travel far to hunt them down, seek them out when they run away, only to lose in frustration at the end because it is indeed a difficult game.

This is what I love about the game, and I don't even notice the lack of story. And jesus does it feel good when you finally defeat that monster after so long.

Again, not everyone wants to sit through delivering 10 kelbi horns over and over at the beginning.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
It's funny how the best- sorry, the only games that make decent use of the 3DS graphic capabilities are Capcom's. It seriously can't be that hard.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
It's funny how the best- sorry, the only games that make decent use of the 3DS graphic capabilities are Capcom's. It seriously can't be that hard.
There are a couple of developers that make an attempt to take advantage of the 3DS' graphical hardware. Some more than others, but all the following games look quite nice-
- Nano Assault
- Tekken Prime Edition
- Mario Kart 7
- Luigi's Mansion 2 (once the framerate hitches are cleared up)
- Kid Icarus Uprising (latest trailers show that the visuals have improved a lot since 2010)
- Mario 3D Land (people are quick to dismiss this one due to its static camera, but it uses many visual assets from Galaxy)
- Star Fox 64 3D

I'd say Capcom is definitely the best, but there are a few other developers that also make at least decent use of the hardware. High Voltage ported their Conduit engine with visuals intact (no word on what they intend to do with it, but i'm sure they will do something). And Kingdom Hearts 3D is said to be the flashiest and most impressive game in the series so far (we'll see at TGS whether it looks any better). We're sure to see even better looking games later in life. As tradition dictates, the first batch of games for any system don't really take full advantage of the hardware.

QUOTE(KingVamp @ Sep 8 2011, 12:31 PM) True.

Wonder if they got this thing running 60fps with 3D?

Read somewhere that the 3D is well built in.
biggrin.gif
It'll be interesting to see what the game looks like in motion. I'd be happy if they manage to maintain a solid 30fps in 2D or 3D. But judging from Capcom's other games, it's possible they'll at least shoot for 60 in 2D. I don't know if the Wii version even ran at 60, maybe 30.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
granville said:
Ikki said:
There are a couple of developers that make an attempt to take advantage of the 3DS' graphical hardware. Some more than others, but all the following games look quite nice-
- Nano Assault
- Tekken Prime Edition
- Mario Kart 7
- Kid Icarus Uprising (latest trailers show that the visuals have improved a lot since 2010)
- Mario 3D Land (people are quick to dismiss this one due to its static camera, but it uses many visual assets from Galaxy)
- Star Fox 64 3D

I'd say Capcom is definitely the best, but there are a few other developers that also make at least decent use of the hardware. High Voltage ported their Conduit engine with visuals intact (no word on what they intend to do with it, but i'm sure they will do something). And Kingdom Hearts 3D is said to be the flashiest and most impressive game in the series so far (we'll see at TGS whether it looks any better). We're sure to see even better looking games later in life. As tradition dictates, the first batch of games for any system don't really take full advantage of the hardware.
I actually meant released games. And I wouldn't say that SF 64 3D looks much more than alright.
Other than that, every game in the list looks pretty good.

I'm looking forward to what devs can do further down the road if they can already do stuff like Resident Evil: Revelations, this or Beyond the Labyrinth.

D

Deleted User

Ooh, Capcom- I wonder if you'll cancel this too *blushes*

-.-

By the way, this is the only reason I want my 3DS now.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
granville said:
- Nano Assault
- Tekken Prime Edition
- Mario Kart 7
- Star Fox 64 3D
Time to play devil's advocate.
biggrin.gif

Nano Assault: I haven't seen so no comment.
Tekken Prime Edition: Being a fighting game it can easily look better with minimal effort since they know exactly what is being viewed. DoA:D and SSFIV look pretty nice for the same reasons.
Mario Kart 7: Nintendo, I'd hope they can use their own hardware.
tongue.gif

Luigi's Mansion 2: Same as above.
Kid Icarus Uprising: First party game, same as above.
Mario 3D Land: Same as above.
Star Fox 64 3D: Same as above.

I think Capcom is the only non-Nintendo(owned) company so far who has consistently shown strong graphics on the 3DS.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Zarcon-
Since you've not seen Nano Assault:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5iX5-FYRBU

Tekken 3D is a fighting game yes with non-open environments, though i give them props for it looking amazing AND running at 60fps even in 3D mode (along with Mario Kart). Capcom is indeed the major player in terms of visuals, not denying that. But they're not the absolute only ones that can produce nice graphics, which is what i was referring to. I also forgot Beyond the Labyrinth, it's very nice looking as well.

Konami really fucked up with MGS3D, especially after it was supposed to be a full on remake. It looks and and plays noticeably worse than the PS2 version. The textures are lower resolution for one thing (ridiculous, the 3DS has faster and more memory than PS2, and the game is on a 4GB cart). Character models have fewer polygons and environments are somewhat less detailed in the background. Even lighting (which 3DS excels at) is worse. And to top it all off, the game has severe unstable framerate drops even in 2D mode. It's just a poor port, they apparently just decided to outsource it to their lazy department when they decided to make the HD collection. It's the sort of lazy i expect from a developer like Ubisoft or TOSE, not Konami (maybe they outsourced it to one of them lol). One hopes that the delay until next year is to clean the mess up. Though i'm not holding my breath.

I don't know what it is about Capcom that other developers don't seem to be capable of. Laziness for sure i guess. Anyways, sorry for getting off topic here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi