Hardware 3DS Microsd files won't move!!!

AJMegaScizor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently bought a new microsd card for my 3ds as my storage was getting pretty low. I went to go back up my files on my old sd card and unfortunately, some of the files just wouldn't move. I finally identified what these files were and used the 3ds repair tool in the eshop to fix them. Unfortunately, I'm down to 3 files that just won't move and I've been at this for weeks trying to identify them and I just can't unfortunately. Hopefully, somebody can help identify these files and maybe find a way of fixing them or see if just moving to the new sd card without these files is fine because I can guarantee that some of these files I won't be able to delete directly from the 3ds itself. Haven't been able to find any real help on other sites so I hope someone can help me end this almost 2 week battle of just trying to move 3 files!
Extra Info:
New 3ds that is not hacked (I have an old 3ds that I installed cfw on if that provides anything of use.
Using Terabyte to move files and the MicroSD Management app on New 3ds (moving files directly from the card with an adapter just freezes terabyte even if I try to close it.)
I'm pretty well off to assume that these files are corrupted as they pretty much give all the signs of it at this point.

image_2022-01-14_203332.png

AJMegaScizor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't heard of unstoppable copier might try that later and I'll be sure to check the disk too (tried it once before but trying it again wouldn't hurt). I'm unsure what you mean by the path being too long though.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To be clear, when you say you the files "won't move", do you mean that you can't copy them at all?

I agree that Unstoppable Copier would be a good idea.

As for what they are, normally I would direct you to https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Extdata , but there's no information there either, except for that last one - that's Home Menu extdata. Deleting Home Menu extdata is a common troubleshooting step (see https://3ds.hacks.guide/troubleshooting ) and you probably don't have to worry about making sure that it is copied.

https://hax0kartik.github.io/3dsdb/ suggests the other files might be related to Badge Arcade and Miitopia Casting Call, but that's kind of a guess.

AJMegaScizor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes can't copy them but those are good leads I think ill delete badge arcade for now (I can just reinstall it without the badges being remove I would assume) and delete the miitopia casting call files and I would assume moving the home data with that one missing file should be fine

AJMegaScizor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so currently during copying I'm seeing 2 files that aren't copying this time (wooo!!! more files that won't move!!!!) but good thing is these are easy ones they are Netflix and youtube at least these two only for now. There may be more as I tried to move files on my sd card reader once before and it was doing well until it froze and these were some of the files that popped up but all it takes for these is just a quick delete in the software management menu.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so currently during copying I'm seeing 2 files that aren't copying this time (wooo!!! more files that won't move!!!!) but good thing is these are easy ones they are Netflix and youtube at least these two only for now. There may be more as I tried to move files on my sd card reader once before and it was doing well until it froze and these were some of the files that popped up but all it takes for these is just a quick delete in the software management menu.
Once your done copying what you can and are satisfied with it. I would be running https://3ds.hacks.guide/h2testw-(windows).html to check the validity of that sd card.

AJMegaScizor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'll consider that, I'd imagine it probably is corrupted judging off how tricky these files have been but because I'm moving the files to a new card anyways I might just not. I have done chkdsk on windows and there were no problems with the card so I'm thinking it's just the files themselves that got corrupted and the card is probably fine.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I'll consider that, I'd imagine it probably is corrupted judging off how tricky these files have been but because I'm moving the files to a new card anyways I might just not. I have done chkdsk on windows and there were no problems with the card so I'm thinking it's just the files themselves that got corrupted and the card is probably fine.
but were those checks done with a fully empty card? or as it is currently? it is recommended to check that, as said, once you no longer care of whats left. on a fully empty card to see if anything gone awry.

AJMegaScizor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but were those checks done with a fully empty card? or as it is currently? it is recommended to check that, as said, once you no longer care of whats left. on a fully empty card to see if anything gone awry.
As it is currently, so yeah I'll check it once I get everything off it and have successfully moved to the new card.

AJMegaScizor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just moved after deleting some of the files at this is what we have turns out the miitopia call suspicion was right but that one other file that was supposed to be badge arcade seems to just not move but I didn't delete all the related files so Ill try to delete all badge arcade related stuff and try again.
1642396717680.png

AJMegaScizor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So have you tried using Unstoppable Copier yet, or not? Because that was the first suggestion and it would likely solve all your problems.
https://www.roadkil.net/program.php?ProgramID=29

Also, I still don't know why you're talking about "moving".
I just started using unstoppable copier I'm gonna copy the files and then just throw it on the new sd card and see what happens. Also when I used the term moving I actually meant backup or copy the files just would not copy no matter what program I used it seems until unstoppable copier which just goes through without a problem.

AJMegaScizor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, Even with unstoppable copier the homedata won't move but deleting it would be fine as previously mentioned as it's a troubleshooting method. I'm also having tomodachi life extra data that won't move for some reason (it moved earlier with teracopy).

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had this happen, not with the 3ds micro sd card, but files were corrupted or something, so they wouldn't move or delete. the way I was able to get rid of them was via linux. I didn't do it in mass though.

AJMegaScizor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had this happen, not with the 3ds micro sd card, but files were corrupted or something, so they wouldn't move or delete. the way I was able to get rid of them was via linux. I didn't do it in mass though.
Thanks but I was able to copy all the files I wanted successfully it seems even the homedata extdata that didn't copy according to terabyte actually did. Again thanks anyways I'm glad everyone came to give me some solutions!

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over