3DS Menu - Hyper Speed Icons

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by morrissey2k7, Mar 30, 2011.

Mar 30, 2011
  1. morrissey2k7
    OP

Newcomer morrissey2k7 Member

United States
    I dropped my 3DS earlier... only a few feet off the ground, and onto carpet. When I turned it on to check it, it started just fine, nothing appears to have been damaged, but all the animated icons on my system menu screen (for AR Games, 3DS Camera, 3DS Sound, etc...) were highly sped up. I turned the system off for an hour or two, and the icons are now back to the standard speed. Anyone else encountered this before? I can't believe that a fall would produce such an effect...

2. awssk8er

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    There is no way the fall had anything to do with it.

All the icons speed up and slow down. I think they're on a timer. If you stay any of them (Let's say the Activity Log) for long enough, it starts moving really fast, then eventually will slow down.

3. Feels Good Man

Member Feels Good Man GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    The speed depends on the noise around the 3DS. The more noise, the faster it goes, the less, the slower.

4. awssk8er

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Oh really? That's awesome.

I thought it was on a timer, but wasn't sure.

5. morrissey2k7
    OP

Newcomer morrissey2k7 Member

United States
    Ahhhh, THAT would explain it. I dropped it when I was rushing out the door, and I tested it while sitting on the bus (which is noisy is hell). Thanks for the head's up! [​IMG]

6. DiscostewSM

Member DiscostewSM GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Yep, that would do it. I thought something was wrong with mine when I was in my car, and realized that the noise from the engine was making it do that.