Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Ziggy Zigzagoon said:
The only question is whether those who would buy the 3DSv2 would end up on the wrong end of homebrew. Just check Wii and PSP; they both get stronger defenses against hacking with each newer revision.
This we know to be correct.

Also, nobody would complain if the 3DS looked like this, in fact, everyone would change their mind about waiting:
konzept___3ds_zelda_bundle_by_wasa_bi_redux-d387r3m.jpg

SOURCE: http://wasa-bi-redux.deviantart.com/art/Ko...undle-195197170

Velotix

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Huh..... I always get launch ones for some reason. Never upgrade too unless it's the next generation. So In all honesty I don't care if they are going to make it bigger or smaller. If it gets a better battery, I'll just take apart my 3DS and stick that one in. Don't care how hard that it is I'll do it.

Though, everyone seems to think Nintendo is the most guilty of these remakes/updates of their hand helds. To my knowledge, Every hand held upgrades in some way or form except for the ones that failed. So yeah....

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it amusing that people don't complain about the PSP or the iPhone, or the iPod Touch. People always seem to "Forget" that Nintendo is not the only company who applies planned obsolescence.

Holy sh!t, I just saw the Legend of Zelda 3DS edition!! If they did something like that, I would totally buy one just to collect it!!

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
machomuu said:
I was a little angry when the DS Lite was released and my original DS felt inferior.
This is what they want you to feel...

You're all suckers who BELIEVE this!!!
Nintendo aren't gonna go "Oh hey, we made this console now but in 2 years there'll be a better smaller thinner one!" Are they?!?!
They want you to buy the first version, and the second, and the third and fourth.
Why the fuck would they SAY they were planning it?! Think guys.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadLocked said:
machomuu said:
I was a little angry when the DS Lite was released and my original DS felt inferior.

Nintendo aren't gonna go "Oh hey, we made this console now but in 2 years there'll be a better smaller thinner one!" Are they?!?!
They want you to buy the first version, and the second, and the third and fourth.
You'd have to be piss stupid to think otherwise. I don't get what the anger is about. Plenty of other companies do the same and worse. Apple is the worst offender, and I see very few people complaining (ifish, I'm looking at you). You don't have to buy it people.

JoyConG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, there will be a revision. Maybe not in size, but I'm sure there will be. If they said there was going to be one, it'd hurt potential sales like all the skeptics who are already saying to wait for the 2nd revision. You know who you are.
rolleyes.gif

It looks incredibly sleek so I won't care if they manage anything else.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Another World said:
Nintendo has no current plans to release a 3DS Lite. Hardware designer Kenichi Sugino says that they have used all of the tricks learnt from designing the NDS to make the 3DS as small as possible. As new technologies are discovered it is possible that a new design could be released. For now it seems like we should not get our hopes up.

QUOTE said:
That's why we don't have any short-term plans for creating a more compact version of Nintendo 3DS like we did with Nintendo DS Lite.
Okay, so they won't be making a smaller console. That doesn't mean they won't release an updated one in a year or so. It still leaves the option of a larger console, or simply a better screen, or a better battery, or just a purely aesthetic redesign...
nyanya.gif

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
i can think of quite a few things they may update in the 3ds 'lite':

> better battery
> bigger screen
> 'deeper' / better 3d
> higher hd
> better resolution cameras
> two inside cameras
> video capabilities (do u seriously think they'll put that in a firmware update even though it's possible to do so)
> built in games such as brain training, art academy and some ninty game based on wii sports resort island
> wider 3d 'sweet spot'
> new colours
> possibly matte finish
> possibly left handed version
> more but i forgot them...

also they'll release extra add ons which are 'only compatible with 3ds lite'

edit: i hope nintendo don't see this list.....

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Wizzerzak said:

> better battery
> bigger screen
> 'deeper' / better 3d
> higher hd

> two inside cameras
> video capabilities (do u seriously think they'll put that in a firmware update even though it's possible to do so)
> built in games such as brain training, art academy and some ninty game based on wii sports resort island
> wider 3d 'sweet spot'
> new colours
> possibly matte finish

How the hell can they make the screens bigger and use better 3D without eating up even more battery power?

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Satangel said:
Wizzerzak said:

> better battery
> bigger screen
> 'deeper' / better 3d
> higher hd

> two inside cameras
> wider 3d 'sweet spot'
> new colours
> possibly matte finish

How the hell can they make the screens bigger and use better 3D without eating up even more battery power?

massively uber gigantic battery life?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadLocked said:
machomuu said:

Nope, it was the lighting. While I liked the Phat more, the lighting when compared to my friend's Lite made me a little disappointed. Really wasn't a big deal, but then I went kating on ice one day and then it hit a wall, the top screen started to not work and the hinge started to break. Eventually the top screen dies, I broke th DS in half out of anger, and got a DSi (now broken) for my middle school graduation...so I didn't care too much.

Maybe you need to think, they have no reason to make a brighter DS, if anything it will be larger, and there won't be as many revisions (if any) because they don't have as many potential options as they did with the DS (Specifically, making the screen brighter and giving it a Wii-esque feel, options that were open in its early years).

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i dun care about 3ds or 3ds lite. i only care about 1 thing.
extreme resistance. like....if i use a sledgehammer i expect that it atleast takes 10 hits before it falters

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'll do this: buy 3DS games so I don't miss out on the ones I want most, but I won't buy the 3DS itself. I'll probably wait for the upgraded version of it, in which I'll wait a year at most. If it doesn't come out then (or at least news of its existence), I'll just buy the 3DS. Assuming I can afford all this shit of course, which I can't. But I can dream, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: