Not open for further replies.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gamefreak94 said:
Who cares if the iPhone has more power. The 3DS has lots of better games, I mean have you seen the recent release titles? Woot! Go Nintendo.
Yea seems like every good developer is getting in on it and bringing their best ideas to the table, the first month after the 3ds's release is going to be quite interesting for the gaming community

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are some decent games for iDevices but they are amid a sea of casual crap. Funnily enough, the greatest games and the worst are available for about the same price -- $0.99-4.99. And every now and then gems are changed to FREE for the full version so you can fill up a nice library of games w/o paying a cent.

Now the bad... Along with the lack of physical buttons which sucks for anything action oriented there is another big drawback to gaming on iDevices. Just like any computer, it runs differently for everyone depending on all of the variables going on on the particular device. For instance having push notification turned on (for those that don't know what that means it is a service that runs in the background to allow apps to immediately notify you of incoming mail, RSS feeds, etc.), installing plugins on jailbroken devices, or even just simply adding apps to unjailbroken devices alters how it functions. This makes for a lot of undesired effects in certain instances: stuttering, unresponsiveness, apps closing, and sometimes even rebooting the gui or device completely. Not to mention that different iDevices have varying cpu speeds, graphics accelerators, and amounts of RAM. IMO this is the major reason why it will never be able to top any other handheld for hardcore gaming as devices that are made foremost for gaming are made to be the same across the board from one device to the next to ensure that games will run smooth on any one device no matter what.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Zarvi said:
Of course the iPhone is more powerful than the cheap 3DS made out of plastic rofl.
AGP 8x Radeon HD 4670: $120
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814161337
PCI-E x16 Radeon HD 4850: $91
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...82E16814121380R
So there's something cheaper being more powerful than something more expensive.

As for it being made out of plastic, I wasn't aware the case material had any direct impact on performance. Can you back up that claim, or are you just trolling?

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
Right B*tches, heres the deal.
1) The 3DS is DUal core from what we know. ( Have the official Specs been released?) This means it can calculate two algorithms simultaneously. This means, it's around on-par if not better than the current iDevice generation's 1GHz power.
2) The GPU on the 3DS blows the iPhones out of the water. It is specifically designed for 3D gaming. GAMING IS MORE RELIANT ON THE GPU THAN THE CPU.
3) The iPhone is running a full OS in the background that uses half of the systems memory and a large chunk of the cpu.
4) The 3DS is specifically designed for gaming, IPhone is designed to make calls and listen to music.
There you go. And just before you go screaming "U IZ A FUGEING FANBOI" at me, let me tell you I prefer the current iDevices to the NDS

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Rydian said:
Zarvi said:
Of course the iPhone is more powerful than the cheap 3DS made out of plastic rofl.
AGP 8x Radeon HD 4670: $120
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16814161337
PCI-E x16 Radeon HD 4850: $91
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...82E16814121380R
So there's something cheaper being more powerful than something more expensive.

As for it being made out of plastic, I wasn't aware the case material had any direct impact on performance. Can you back up that claim, or are you just trolling?
You aren't really being fair by comparing the two, as the GPU is completely useless on it's own and it requires at modern day computer to run it on top of that the video card on both the smaller systems are way smaller therefore costs more for performace. It's like saying a laptop is more expensive than desktop and gets less performance, but you are getting portability out of it. On that note, power is useless without games, look at PS3.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Westside said:
It's like saying a laptop is more expensive than desktop and gets less performance, but you are getting portability out of it.
Both the iphone and 3DS are portable systems, however.

I chose a single part because the argument was power for price, and what better way to rate those than the purest sample of a single part?

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Terminator02 said:
Nintendude92 said:
iPhone 4: Less buttons than the 3DS

I rest my case
ps3-mods-concept-art-18.jpg
where is the A button?

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Yes, most iPhone fanboys think iPhones are made out of metal and glass. And magic, of course. What else could make those colours on the screen or let you talk to other people' phones?

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
ok the iphone clearly is no competition for the 3ds in the graphics dept, the 3ds will never be a phone, the two are completely different devices with different purposes and uses.

can we close this thread? it just seems kind of pointless.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Yeah this thread is going nowhere, I have been keeping my eye on it for a while and all it is doing is attracting tons of trolls and fanboys.

Let me save you having to go through 200 posts and just sum things up.

Don't compare apples and oranges.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/7sqwbGI-ZcM?si=73M_qQxgKt3zoifl +2