Gullwing

homo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
@Gullwing

I had no issues. Can you tether using your PC? If that doesn't even work, there may be an issue with the settings you're using or the app itself. I'm not sure if this app supports your model of phone. The 3DS doesn't even see the connection at all? By default, when scanning for a hotspot on 3DS, the connection should show up as "AndroidTether".

Also, make sure you're using the specific version of the wifi tether app i posted. The ones on the market don't support infrastructure on some phones, only ad hoc. Ad hoc will of course not work on the 3DS.

EDIT- ok it recognizes it but won't connect. Hm... It sounds like the issue i WAS having with other versions of the software. Your phone may not be supported for infrastructure mode yet, only ad hoc. In your pc, go look at the wifi connections and look at the tethering icons. If you see the android tether connection with some green bars, that's infrastructure. If it's just an icon with some blue computer monitors, it's ad hoc. You NEED infrastructure for the 3DS to tether. Test it on your PC to see if you can connect properly using infrastructure.
Tested it on my PC... Yup, it's ad hoc... :/ So my only way out is my iPad... I'll update it to 4.3 as soon as a jailbreak comes out ... Thanks!!!

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
prwlr. said:
Granville: How much does an update take? Assuming you can see how much data is being used.

It'll be good to use my Android has a AP for updates but I only got a 500mb limit.
I'm afraid i wasn't paying much attention to the data transfer (and i'm not sure if the tethering app is all that accurate), but i doubt it was even 30MB (probably a lot less, if it's more i'd be surprised). I was running on a fairly decent 3G connection whilst doing the update and i think it only took a minute or two. I'm guessing the largest thing was likely the 3D video they added to test out how it looks on the system. This video is what they added to be specific-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHlJODYBLKs

I don't even know what else they updated (if anything). The big update is apparently coming this May, along with the web browser from what i've heard.

Gullwing

homo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated my iPad to 4.3.1 because MyWi (tethering app) said that in 4.3 all wifi devices can connect to a tethered 3G ipad... But no... on my PC it is seen as ad hoc and my 3DS still can't connect... Crap
frown.gif

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
i still cant tether from my phone to 3ds, i can to DSi,
the only way to tether to my 3ds tho from phone for now it to, tether to my laptop via usb then netsh tether to my 3DS . :ninja:
still need a way to tether stright to 3ds tho, cant carry my laptop around 24/7.
unsure.gif

HandymanJames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Head over to xda and look up the apps/guides for your phone: www.xda-developers.com

I've tethered my 3DS to my Epic before while at work to get Four Swords because I was bored so I know it's possible.

Though it's better to look at phone specific guides since there are bound to be differences.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
It's where you set up your mobile phone as a mini router, or WiFi hotspot which you can then connect other devices to just as if it were a normal wifi hotspot

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
the problem with tethering is that now you have two devices that run on batteries. one of them fails, they both fail. but yes, technically with a fast enough connection, you can pretty much be online anywhere.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
i did it guys i found out how to get infrastructure tethering on my phone "Huawei ascend m860" with the app "wireless tether for root user".
connects my DS, DSi, 3DS, & wii (confirms works with all)
would you guys like instructions on how i did this?

P

pasc

I'd.like to know how to connect my ds Phat to mywi 5.5 (ios. 5)

It has got Infrastructuremode and the hotspot is found (I Bridge my wpa Network to wep using this prog).

However my Phat can't.connect to it despite it being WEP infrastucture...

3ds connects Fine (however already has wpa anyways....meh)

Ideas ?

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm a bit confused... what's the point? The idea of tethering is so you can use one device's data connection to give another fevice internet access... the 3DS only has wifi, and since just about every internet capable device has its own wifi, what's the point?

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a bit confused... what's the point? The idea of tethering is so you can use one device's data connection to give another fevice internet access... the 3DS only has wifi, and since just about every internet capable device has its own wifi, what's the point?

Ok, you don't own a smartphone its pointless because you clearly cant do it. But if you DO own one it let's your 3DS access the internet wherever you are, via 3G or 4G (depending on your phones plan and abilities.) In other words its like having a 3G model of the 3DS for much cheaper and more worthwhile then getting a 3G model.

YamiHoshi.nl

I'm MKGirlism.
Trophies
Website
www.dshack.org
XP
Country
I have an Android phone (Google Nexus One), a WiFi-only Tablet, a WiFi-only PS Vita, a Macbook Pro, and a 3DS.
I just turn on Portable WiFi HotSpot on my phone, and let the rest connect on my phone's internet connection.

This is way cheaper than having to pay more for a WiFi + 3G Tablet and PS Vita, having 3 subscriptions, and leaving the Macbook Pro and 3DS out of connection.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, you don't own a smartphone its pointless because you clearly cant do it. But if you DO own one it let's your 3DS access the internet wherever you are, via 3G or 4G (depending on your phones plan and abilities.) In other words its like having a 3G model of the 3DS for much cheaper and more worthwhile then getting a 3G model.
I do own a smartphone. And yeah, I get it now... I was confused, because I thought the OP was talking about using the 3DS to give a laptop internet access or vice versa (which would make no sense, since both devices only have wifi, not a data connection). But yeah, I'm familiar with traditional "tethering" using a smartphone (though I never use it). This would be really cool, though!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not Ai women but women who's bodies are walking Atm machines
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like scam bait
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    so they collect ''donations''?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well gofundme doesn't accept vagina they just do that off the site
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    guess they just sell spicy fling material
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wonder what kinda desperate depraved beings even need to go there
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gofundme or onlyfans?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, either
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny to see people start a gofundme for silly shit like a new game system, and then see them get free money, then think, not so funny after all.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gofundme for the homeless
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My dog used to chase off my neighbors cat from our yard, till one day the cat stood its ground, and paw slapped the shit out of my dog, now the cat wonders thru my yard, and my dog don't even care anymore, he's like f that cat. Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So just slap your dog when I'm climbing out urewifes window
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just use the front door, dumbass
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, what if you see him?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Then slap your dog?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He can tag me in...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah last time I just looked at bigonya and said the heavy works already done
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    That's @slaphappygamer 's job to slap
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh hi nick
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I think he's from Ohio
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ohhioh Nick
    +2