Hacking 3DS Hacking Ideas: Post Your Ideas Here!

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
well you wont be able to execute code in regions that are protected by NX, but if I remember correctly, the current working exploit used a buffer overflow with something else.. it was a 2 part process.

boomario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Isn't possible to load a corrupted picture in 3ds camera or one with a HUUUGGE resolution to make system freeze and crash? Just a idea.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't possible to load a corrupted picture in 3ds camera or one with a HUUUGGE resolution to make system freeze and crash? Just a idea.

That's what they did with a few of the earlier PSP versions, so I'm sure Nintendo's thought of it already.

xakota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the Datel Powersave have any implications? It has the ability to rewrite saves even on games with NAND saving.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah but the older games saves had already been hacked so any save game entry points could be looked into on older games using the older encryption methods, this is all also closed, i doubt datel will be dropping by to release a save game hack any time soon, so untill its public the method its not going to lead to anything except modded saves, and even if the method is released it would probs only lead to being able to use 6.x saves in emunand, so you can play newer games between retail and emunand

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yeah but the older games saves had already been hacked so any save game entry points could be looked into on older games using the older encryption methods, this is all also closed, i doubt datel will be dropping by to release a save game hack any time soon, so untill its public the method its not going to lead to anything except modded saves, and even if the method is released it would probs only lead to being able to use 6.x saves in emunand, so you can play newer games between retail and emunand

i only see two possible scenarios on how they do it:

a) they achieved unsigned code execution on 6.x+ and have a 3DS farm running to de-/encrypt the saves

or b) they managed to extract the 6.x key (either prescrambled or the init and the scrambler logic).

both scenarios would have a great impact: exploit for >4.5 or the ability to extract all AES keys (unless the 6.x save key is stored/generated less secure).

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeah but they are both dependant on the method being released, right now it's for datel's eyes only, for all we know they could of just made a very lucky guess on the 6.x key, or knew someone who has access to some sensitive info inside nintendo, until something is made public (or atleast in the hands of developers) this doesn't really count for anything, and doesn't help in any way

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah but they are both dependant on the method being released, right now it's for datel's eyes only, for all we know they could of just made a very lucky guess on the 6.x key, or knew someone who has access to some sensitive info inside nintendo, until something is made public (or atleast in the hands of developers) this doesn't really count for anything, and doesn't help in any way

Right, for now its datel only.

And my best guess is they went with alternative b) and simply threw a huge amount of money at the problem (decap/microprobing).

It at least shows that more/deeper exploitation is still possible.

Reactions: gamesquest1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.