• Replies 255
  • Likes 1

Cloak519

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I get that the 'Nintendo will brick your 3DS' stuff is bullshit or, at the least, rumour.
But is that 'cart logging' thing a rumour?
I was wondering whether or not I should use a Supercard on one when it comes.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CA519705950 said:
I get that the 'Nintendo will brick your 3DS' stuff is bullshit or, at the least, rumour.
Well the "cart logging" is what is implied to lead to the 3DS' bricking.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
CA519705950 said:
Nobody knows whether the "cart logging" thing is real or not, yet.
It's probably not real, though.

Cloak519

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cheers
smile.gif

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going back to this, but seriously, why the heck isn't this a sticky yet? The other 3DS FAQ the OP made in Hardware is a sticky
unsure.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
The cart logging is likely to be true.

The purposeful remote bricking is totally false.

SanGor said:
about that nintendo can't brick your 3DS, Nintendo is actually doing that right now on the Wii.
It's known as Error 003 which happens when you region change a korean wii to USA/JAP/EUR and then update to 4.2.
That's completely unrelated.
http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Error_003
It's note a remote bricking, and it's not on purpose.

The_Technomancer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly don't really care about 3DS-mode being hacked, its not that big a deal to me. But I have so many games on my M3 who's original cartridges that I probably can't even find any more that I'm going to be really upset if I can't use the flashcart safely without worrying about updates or getting my system disabled.

Now if literally the only adverse side effect is a note in the log, making it impossible to trade in at GameStop or whatever, then I could care less.

D

Deleted User

OP
Out of curiosity, has the AceKard team said when they're releasing the 3DS update? Will it be after the EU/USA launches?

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
warmijwilfaain said:
Out of curiosity, has the AceKard team said when they're releasing the 3DS update? Will it be after the EU/USA launches?

I could have sworn I remember seeing them say somewhere that it'll be the day it launches in Europe, March 25th. If someone knows the source, please link it, I can't find it.

Ravenius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
SoulSnatcher said:
3DS Hacking FAQ

• Q: Can Nintendo brick 3DS systems if I use a flashcart on it?
    A - To put it bluntly, no.
Confirmed? Source?
I'd call it bricking if they can disable the OS from working. That's legal, right?

I know it's a long shot and probably won't happen, but it's not a fact unless there's a trustable source.

I would also be worried about them banning a console from all online features, but that's another story. If anyone has information regarding that, I'd love to know more about this.

D

Deleted User

OP
SoulSnatcher said:
  • Q: Where can I get a 3DS game ROM?
    A - No ROM images have been dumped, yet. The tools required to dump the ROMs have not been made, yet.
I think you should add that asking this question is not allowed and link to the forum rules. Other than that, nice FAQ.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
Ravenius said:
Confirmed? Source?
I'd call it bricking if they can disable the OS from working. That's legal, right?

I know it's a long shot and probably won't happen, but it's not a fact unless there's a trustable source.

I would also be worried about them banning a console from all online features, but that's another story. If anyone has information regarding that, I'd love to know more about this.
The rumour that the 3DS will be bricked was confirmed to be bullshit. It's illegal and not worth the trouble.
I can't be arsed to explain it right now so browse the below thread for reasons as to why it's bullshit.
http://gbatemp.net/t282048-an-interesting-...r-about-the-3ds

The only reason people even asked that question was because of the rumour. Since that was confirmed to be fake, there's no other information that suggests that Nintendo will brick 3DS consoles that people used a flashcart on. It's all a bunch of fear-mongering.

As for banning a console from all online features, I haven't heard about that.

Ravenius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I agree that the bricking thing most probably isn't legit, but it could have consequences. The "No." was a bit too strict in my opinion though, as it is possible people read that thinking there can be no harm done when using a flash cart and end up with a 3DS they can't update.

It might be a good idea to add that it's possible that the usage of flash carts may cause some problems with updates, just in case. Personally I won't put in a flash cart before someone else has already done it, anyways.

D

Deleted User

OP
Xuphor said:
warmijwilfaain said:

I could have sworn I remember seeing them say somewhere that it'll be the day it launches in Europe, March 25th. If someone knows the source, please link it, I can't find it.
If that's the case, cool, cos I'm getting a 3DS on launch.
smile.gif

D

Deleted_171835

OP
warmijwilfaain said:
If that's the case, cool, cos I'm getting a 3DS on launch.
smile.gif

Here's a link to the thread. The exact words that the Acekard team said were
Acekard TeamWe won't release the patch until more testing is made. And we are also concerned Nintendo might block it so *maybe* we'll release it after the 3DS is released in US and Europe.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
Xuphor said:
warmijwilfaain said:

well they didn't say it, costello said that they mentioned releasing their 3ds update after (not necessarily on/close to release but after) the eur/na release dates of the 3ds

edit: no wait, costello included a quoted in that thread soulsnatcher linked...
(but it was originally just costello saying in some post that acekard had mentioned to him that they had it working and would release after eur/na release date)

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Ravenius said:
Confirmed? Source?

Well it's hard to prove a negative, but even harder when the console isn't out in two of the big three regions, and not even a month there.

It's illegal to remove features from a product you've sold.
So causing the console to not play games would be illegal.
In the EU at least.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/o4zjzHyB-I0?si=U77XLBb-jVVqtWXz +1