Painguy

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone else noticed some ghosting. i think it begins to show up once my eyes get tired, but i want to know who else has experienced it. My eyes aren't VERy tired. If i were to rate it on a scale of 1-10 i'd say 2.

Gus122000

Trophies
XP
Country
Painguy said:
Has anyone else noticed some ghosting. i think it begins to show up once my eyes get tired, but i want to know who else has experienced it. My eyes aren't VERy tired. If i were to rate it on a scale of 1-10 i'd say 2.
I have when in 3d, even when i'm looking at the screen dead on. (Pilotwings)

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
In most stuff (at least the stuff built in the 3DS) I can have 3D on max and there will be no ghosting. On Pilotwings, however, things far away (like the volcano) get double images, and so I have to turn it down to a little less than halfway. I do think it's harder to concentrate on the 3D when you are tired though.

aiRWaLKRe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If I play laying down I tend to get the 3ds closer and closer to me, then I see the double image ghosting, other than that I play with max 3d and try to keep the sweet spot PLUS the correct distance away from it to see it perfect.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Endrit49 said:
What is ghosting?
Basely you see 2 2d of same pics rather one 3D pic of those pics.
laugh.gif

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
It also occurs if you look at the screen from too high an angle.
I found that in Samurai Warriors I got a lot less ghosting if I played with the screen folded all the way open to the second click.

wafflestick

(insert title here)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spiritofcat said:
I found that in Samurai Warriors I got a lot less ghosting if I played with the screen folded all the way open to the second click.

dude that would just mess up the top half of the system. eventually itll be very loose and that 'clicking' wont be heard anymore cause you force it all the way back

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
It is not ghosting, that is how the system generates the 3d image. It does it by shifting parts of the image to the side in a manner when you look straight at the middle your eyes combine the image to give it the illusion that it is in 3d. Very much like how the magic eye pictures are but only more advanced.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Painguy said:
I noticed this too, but it's very faint. No matter how centered my head is, there is always a wee bit of ghosting.

Doesn't affect my opinion on how awesome the 3ds's 3D though.
tongue.gif

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
Ghosting is.produced by a screen, your eyes are just tired that the screen appears to ghost out. Seriously, if you're a kid and u post this kind of stupid post, reading the manual and warnings will really help avoid my flame.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
shredrdie said:
spiritofcat said:

dude that would just mess up the top half of the system. eventually itll be very loose and that 'clicking' wont be heard anymore cause you force it all the way back
Dude, I'm not doing anything the system isn't designed to do. I'm not forcing it in any way. Ever since the original DS there have been two stable screen positions. One at about 160 degreen and a second one at about 185 degrees.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
leeday100196 said:
If you let your eyes relax at all, ghosting happens. I've noticed it mostly when I'm playing in darker areas, but I don't get it often because I'm mostly alert.

If you have to focus the entire time to see the 3d you probably have the 3d setting too high. Try playing games with the slide at half or a little less than half... May be less of a 3d effect, but it should remove the need for constantly focusing (may help if you have any headaches over time too).

L_o_N_e_R

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i get ghosting, but its random and its not like i get tired or anything

i play at max depth, i'l probably try to lower it and see if it will go away

D

Deleted-220713

I get some ghosting, but that's in Rayman 3D.
Pretty sure in my case it's the game and not the console or my eyes.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get it a lot if the 3D effect is displaying something that is meant to be in the distant background (volcano and mountains in PilotWings, for example). I keep the 3D about halfway and the ghosting goes away, so it's all good.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte