Gaming 3DS Games are water proof

Popcornwas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i accidentally left a 3ds game in my pocket and it got washed. I was expecting to have ruined game, or at least the inability to save.but when i put it in my 3ds it was fine .

ElyosOfTheAbyss

Trophies
XP
Country
I agree with bortz. I would dump it if you can. I had a game go through the wash and it seemed fine for a few hours and then it died on me. ( and it was smash bros :( )

Arseface_TM

Board Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accidentally kept a 3DS Cartridge in my pocket once when I went to the beach.

It was ruined.

You got lucky.
Satlwater is significantly more corrosive than tap water. By like a bajillion.

Cartridges tend to be fairly resistant to washing machines as long as they go through the dryer too. The dryer helps dry the cart fast enough to prevent serious damage.

Do it too much and you'll regret it, but once or twice should be fine. And like others said, make sure it's completely dry and dump it if you can.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

erman1337

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I had an ACNL cartridge that simply died by staying on the drawers for a few months

It was before save file backups was a thing ç_ç

Arseface_TM

Board Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some city tap water is worse than sea water. tap water in my town leaves black spots on everything.
That could just be mold already in your environment feeding on what it needs, which could be salts or sugars.

I'm diabetic, so my urine has an above average amount of sugars and some other chemicals. I have to clean my toilets more frequently because of mold growth, and it starts off as black spots. EDIT: This is of course vital information you all needed to know.

I doubt any tap water is more corrosive than seawater. Seawater is brutal.

poor americans. :/
America is a pretty big place, with half the population of Europe spread over a wider area. Standards of living vary wildly.

Most places are nice. That's why they never get on the news.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
seing that way my old motherboard was waterproof, my dad putted it under a sink, then dried it, the computer worked, however i think it died months later of dysentery corrosion

want to make your phone waterproof? remove the battery, put it under water, dry it and there ya go, it survived...

Last edited by migles,

Amadren

Pasta Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
France
seing that way my old motherboard was waterproof, my dad putted it under a sink, then dried it, the computer worked, however i think it died months later of dysentery corrosion

want to make your phone waterproof? remove the battery, put it under water, dry it and there ya go, it survived...
Tried it. I was drinking some tea while working and well you know....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: