Hacking 3ds Encription key length

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Hello everyone!

I was just wondering what's the encryption key length of the 3ds. I'm assuming that it should be at least 1024 bits?

I couldn't find anything using google at a first glance, that's why I'm asking. I found in an FAQ here an example of the 3ds using a 128bits key encription (which must be wrong because any i7 can crack that).

Thanks a lot!
Depends on what aspect of the 3ds you're talking about. Here:
http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Special:Search?search=encryption&fulltext=Search

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know, a friend asked me to take a look at this forum because he thought I should be able to ask for the public key (and modulo) people are needing to factor in order to hack the ds. He thought that the divisor was a 128/256bit number which I can factor "relatively easy". However, I just read in the FAQ that the 3ds has a 2048/4096 bit keylength. Anything beyond 1024 can't be done without quantum these days (at least not with human knowledge), and I don't have access to one of those of course.

Short dream!
If the 3DS could be hacked easily like you expected it to, then it would have already been done so. The 3DS isn't hacked because of a lack of trying (although more is always better).

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dude... It uses AES, unbreakable (symmetrical, so no getting any "private" key from a "public" key) crypto. This thread is full of fail. Two minutes on 3dbrew would have given you this answer.

3DSGuy

No longer in scene
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone!

I was just wondering what's the encryption key length of the 3ds. I'm assuming that it should be at least 1024 bits?

I couldn't find anything using google at a first glance, that's why I'm asking. I found in an FAQ here an example of the 3ds using a 128bits key encription (which must be wrong because any i7 can crack that).

Thanks a lot!

EDIT: Found it, it's 2048/4096 and that can't be cracked.
The encryption is 128-bit AES.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative