OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Jus wonderin if it could be possible for the 3ds games to support ds download play content with old ds modeld, having it view on 2d on both consoles, or 2d on the old console and 3d ion the 3ds (ex. mario kart 3d playing multiplayer on 3ds and ds lite)... just a thought. Thankz

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
No, it is not possible.

I think that it would be theoretically possible that Mario Kart 3DS would be able to race against Mario Kart DS, but Ninty would never do that.

A. Because they would be unable to make any significant changes to the gameplay
B. Because it would diminish any selling point they had with the game.

Just...Just get the 3DS

idulkoan

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
monkat said:
No, it is not possible.

I think that it would be theoretically possible that Mario Kart 3DS would be able to race against Mario Kart DS, but Ninty would never do that.

A. Because they would be unable to make any significant changes to the gameplay
B. Because it would diminish any selling point they had with the game.

Just...Just get the 3DS
well, mabe have the game graphics lowered alot, and force 2d, and make the ds downlaod play size reaalllllyyy small by disabling some stuff... it would be possible tho, am i correct? btw i preordered the 3ds.... it says im gettin 1 in my sig. so yea Im going to order my ds lite online as well cause burglars stole it
frown.gif

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
pocchama1996 said:
Yes, it IS possible. BUT nobodies gonna do it.

Not possible, no matter how you look at it. You'd have to design the game in DS/i Mode to get it to be compatible with older DS systems....

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
idulkoan said:
Nollog said:
No.
Two separate consoles.
No.
I know, but you would still be able to do ds downlaod play from ds to 3ds because 3ds has backwords compatibility... right? it would be normal on the ds but on the 3ds it will be in 2d with black bars on both sides.

Yes, the 3DS CAN do DS backwards compatibility so I don't see how Download Play would not work... Unless Nintendo forgot it?

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Yes, the 3DS supports DS download play. But not vice versa.

And that's all there is to it. This thread should be locked.

idulkoan

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Mchief298 said:
idulkoan said:
Nollog said:
No.
Two separate consoles.
No.
I know, but you would still be able to do ds downlaod play from ds to 3ds because 3ds has backwords compatibility... right? it would be normal on the ds but on the 3ds it will be in 2d with black bars on both sides.

Yes, the 3DS CAN do DS backwards compatibility so I don't see how Download Play would not work... Unless Nintendo forgot it?
It will have download play: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46IhnjzYhN0[/youtube] goto 0:04 and there it is. I just found this video, and found this in it: goto 1:08 and check it out. The download play will let you select if you want to download a 3ds title or ds. its also on wikipedia that it will hav ds downlaod play

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
idulkoan said:
Nollog said:
No.
Two separate consoles.
No.
No.
Two separate consoles.
No.

Screens != consoles.

"It will have download play: goto 0:04 and there it is. I just found this video, and found this in it: goto 1:08 and check it out. The download play will let you select if you want to download a 3ds title or ds. its also on wikipedia that it will hav ds downlaod play"
We knew this 9 months ago.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
KingVamp said:
Nollog, did you not read the thread, already posted. Won't make sense to exclude 3ds to ds.
It does make sense.

What she is asking is "Can you DS Download Play a 3DS Game to a DS/DS Lite/DSi console?"
The answer is no.
It makes sense because the DS/DS Lite/DSi consoles are nowhere near as powerful as a 3DS game would require.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Nollog said:
KingVamp said:
Nollog, did you not read the thread, already posted. Won't make sense to exclude 3ds to ds.
It does make sense.

What she is asking is "Can you DS Download Play a 3DS Game to a DS/DS Lite/DSi console?"
The answer is no.
It makes sense because the DS/DS Lite/DSi consoles are nowhere near as powerful as a 3DS game would require.

That's already been answered... Twice...

:edit: Wait...... I get it now. My bad..

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
ds ds : yes
ds 3ds (ds/i mode) : yes
3ds ds (3ds mode) : no fucking chance

hope this clears a few things up...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.