3DS doesn't start

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Parismessios3, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Parismessios3
    OP

Parismessios3 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2008
    Cyprus
    Hello, I have a problem with my 3DS. I wanted to dump the nand of my 3ds, but I changed my mind as soon as I put some solder on the points on the 3ds motherboard. Since then, my 3ds doesn't turn on. There is not any damage on 3ds motherboard. What do you recommend me to do? Also, is there anybody in UK who can fix my 3ds in case of damage?

Thank you

2. Isaac

Isaac American

Dec 8, 2012
    United States
    Here? Right here? What about, say... over there?
    You may have gotten solder on 2 pins, connecting them. Get a desoldering braid, or solder sucker, and try to remove the solder. I wish you th e best of luck.

3. Master X

Master X GBAtemp Regular

Mar 21, 2010
    United States
    Either a damaged board, or the solder ran a bit before it hardened and connected some pins that shouldn't be connected.

4. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Most likely this is the case, however you could have destroyed a component as well by turning it on when it was shorted. Or maybe you overheated the chip and destroyed it.

5. Parismessios3
    OP

Parismessios3 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2008
    Cyprus
    I have checked the motherboard for any connected pins, couldn't find any. I think I have destroyed the CLK alternative point, but can this prevent the 3ds from turning on?