JPdensetsu

OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
Every time I start up my Nintendo 3DS I get an error and it says that the SD card could not be read properly. I've tried to insert 3 different types of SD cards and no-one works whereas my Macbook recognize them. I can't reach the Nintendo e-Shop and download demo because of that error.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem? I've already searched on the Internet but I haven't found a proper solution yet.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
According to the manual, you are not supposed to insert or remove the SD card while the power is on. If you still have an issue after inserting the SD card with the power off, then you should call Nintendo.
They may recommend you to send it in for repair.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
According to the manual, you are not supposed to insert or remove the SD card while the power is on.
While that may indeed be true, a fully functional 3DS should have no problems accessing a newly inserted SD card even if it was on when said SD card was inserted. The reason the manual says you're not supposed to remove an SD card while it's running is to prevent possible data corruption issues that could stem from removing it while data is being written to the card.

JPdensetsu

OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
Here are some photo's

123mru0.jpg
25eyz69.jpg

narutopet112

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I had this problem too. But had fixed it with panasonic formatter on pc. Try it out http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/download/index.html

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Try what above said.

Panasonic SD formatter often solves a lot of sd card problem =)

EDIT: Awhhh I love the filetrip auto link =)

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I tried it out with 2 different SD cards and no-one worked. What should I do? I can't send it to Nintendo because it's an imported one.
Imported or not, you could always contact Nintendo to see if there's something they could do to help. The worst answer you can get is a no.

JPdensetsu

OP
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
The SD cards are readable on my Wii, Macbook, other notebook. So I do guess it's the system itself.
I have also formatted the Nintendo 3DS a couple of times but no luck. Not that it's such a big problem, but I can't download any demos from the Nintendo e-shop or even get access to them.

narutopet112

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The SD cards are readable on my Wii, Macbook, other notebook. So I do guess it's the system itself.
I have also formatted the Nintendo 3DS a couple of times but no luck. Not that it's such a big problem, but I can't download any demos from the Nintendo e-shop or even get access to them.
try putting the sd card in the 3ds then out several times

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
What about the original SD card that came with the 3DS?
Also, since the 3DS supports SDHC it might have problems with reading speeds for slower cards, like class 2 ones.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Also, since the 3DS supports SDHC it might have problems with reading speeds for slower cards, like class 2 ones.
The stock SD card that comes with the 3DS is a 2gb SD card, not an SDHC card. So I don't think that would be a problem.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The stock SD card that comes with the 3DS is a 2gb SD card, not an SDHC card. So I don't think that would be a problem.
Yeah, but there's some 4+ cards that aren't SDHC, and those don't always work with certain cameras, same could apply for the 3DS.

grcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for bringing this old thread back, but I have the same problem and I would like some help.

I have tried formatting the SD Card (tried a 2GB 'standard', a 16GB SDHC, and a 64GB SDXC) to FAT 32 (32K Cluster). Every time, the DS says it cannot recognize the card. It does not allow me to format it either. Is there any known solution to this? I have to point that it was working absolutely fine, until I decided to format the card on the PC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol