3DS died. Nothing works :/

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Pokecix, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Pokecix
    OP

Pokecix GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2012
    So today when i tried to open my 3ds (which was charged by dsi adaptor whole night) none of my applications were working. When i press a or open nothing happens except the clicking sound. Same with games. It also dossnt read my SD card and when i try to open camera or the lightning settings the system freezes. The items (battery level, coins etc.) on the top screen also doesnt show up. I can hear the menu sound btw.
    Anybody know whats going on?
    The thing that disturbs me is that there arent any nintendo services in my country.

Please excuse my english

EDIT:

Now nothing works. The 3ds boots up with black screen and no sound :( happaned after i went to sleep. when i woke up it was like this....

2. ground

ground GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 22, 2007
    Netherlands
    try to pull the battery out for 10 minutes or so, then reinsert the battery and try again

3. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    Your English is fine. B-)

Anyway, if taking out the battery doesn't help, have you run a system update on the 3DS lately? It almost sounds like something went wrong during an update. If so, maybe trying to run it again could help.

4. Loversan

Loversan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2009
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I've noticed that it takes a while for my 3ds to load the eshop games...and while they show up, I can see other apps or cartridge but when I open them nothing happens (pretty much what you describe). The 3ds makes the "click" sound, but the apps won't open until all the elements are loaded.

If your 3ds is not reading your SD card, it might be stuck trying to read stuff. Try to format your SD card or something :/ Hope it works.

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Well there's your problem. The 3DS refuses to load anything before it has finished reading data from the SD card.
    Try running ScanDisk on your SD card.

6. Pokecix
    OP

Pokecix GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2012
    I will once i get a compitable screwdriver
    No. No updates :/ i have been playing pkmn y for hours tho
    Didnt worked. Im sure something is wrong with system since even if i dont insert sd it still doesnt work :(

Loversan nah my problem is different. I waited 4 hours for it to load and nothing happaned :(

7. profi200

profi200 Banned

Banned
    Sep 3, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Your WiFi-module is defective or not correctly connected probably. The same happens, if i remove my WiFi-module.

8. ground

ground GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 22, 2007
    Netherlands
    try to insert a new blank sdcard formatted as fat32

9. Pokecix
    OP

Pokecix GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2012

it didnt worked :(

possibly. but why would something like that happen without even touching the 3ds?

im sure something is wrong with system. not sd. also it didnt work :(

10. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Try without a SD card and see if you still have the same problem. If you do there might be something wrong with your SD card slot that is making the 3DS unable to read it.