OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2010/12/what-...signed-by-kids/
I like some of those ideas.
QUOTE said:
1Download Games into Memory: My son wanted to be able to download his DS games into the 3DS’s memory so he didn’t have to carry the game cartridges with him all the time. He also noted that this would stop him losing so many games.

2Play GBA games: My daughter has quite a collection of Gameboy Advance games that she plays on her GBA SP, and was surprised to find that she still couldn’t play them on the 3DS. Her suggestion was to be able to link up the 3DS with the old DS Lite to access GBA games on the DSi and 3DS.

3Play 3DS games on TV: My youngest still prefers playing games on the Wii. He came up with an idea that the 3DS should be able to link-up to the console via Wi-Fi so that you could play your DS and 3DS games on the TV. At first I thought this sounded farfetched, until I remembered the Gameboy Player that did just that via the Gamecube.

4Transfer Mii to Wii: My daughter is also still obsessed with creating Miis for everyone she knows. It wasn’t surprising that one of her suggestions was for the 3DS to be able to transfer her Mii to the Wii via Wi-Fi. I told her this might be possible by saving them on an SD card but she wasn’t interested. “It should synchronize automatically, dad.” I didn’t even know she knew what “synchronize” meant.

5Centralized Save Files: Another suggestion, that they all liked, was for the 3DS to provide a central store of save files. This would be able to collect together all your Gameboy, GBA, DS, Wii and 3DS saves and store them with your Mii. Then, when you went to someone else’s house you would be able to pull up your Mii and all your save files would be there.
I like them all except playing on a tv. Would be a nice extra, but wouldn't pay for it.
1 was rumored during e3, 2 would be nice in the 3ds shop, 4 would be handy, 5 would be handy and SSBB did something similar.

What do you think?
About his kids ideas, and about what you would add or remove if you had designed the 3DS

edit: uh, thought I was in hardware... but maybe this can be considered content? mod please move when you see this.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 will never happen because it will just promote piracy

as for 2, the whole idea just sounds stupid, if you have a DSL why not just play gba games from that?
but instead now you have to tether 2 devices together to somehow export the game to the 3DS (if the games can be saved then this will also never happen because of the same reason in 1)

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
All would be great features, but 1 lends itself to piracy (renting or borrowing games, dumping them, returning them).

I guess this could be worked around if games from the start have a section on their chips to store say the serial number of the 3DS that dumped them, and refuse to dump onto any other 3DS in future. So at most one person per game could pirate it (if one person played from cart at all times and another dumped it). They couldn't force the actual game cart to be played solely on that 3DS once its been dumped though, because for stuff like sharing games between siblings etc. that'd make it impossible.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
QUOTE said:

What about PSP Go!, DSi/Wii Ware, Playstation Mini-Games and complete games downloadable through PSN ? If you can't run unauthorised code on the 3DS, you can give all the download you want, it won't change anything.

QUOTEWhat wrong with 4?

hmm... 2 and 5 seem like to much trouble.

It's just that I'm not a big Mii user so I'm not really interested in this feature.

And I was thinking about 2 as a Virtual Console, not necessarly the "link up DS and GBA" thing. 5 would be a problem for GB and GBA save (it could be solved if you could play GBA and GB games on a Virtual Console).

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
All would be great features, but 1 lends itself to piracy (renting or borrowing games, dumping them, returning them).

I guess this could be worked around if games from the start have a section on their chips to store say the serial number of the 3DS that dumped them, and refuse to dump onto any other 3DS in future. So at most one person per game could pirate it (if one person played from cart at all times and another dumped it). They couldn't force the actual game cart to be played solely on that 3DS once its been dumped though, because for stuff like sharing games between siblings etc. that'd make it impossible.
That idea would still promote piracy. The owner could then sell their game and also make profit a long with piracy, which is even worse.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, a few of these will probably come true.

The Miis are transferable (confirmed), there will be Gameboy and Gameboy Color games through a virtual console (which could lead to to Gameboy Advance), and Nintendo was talking about downloading games to your 3DS.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gamefreak94 said:
SifJar said:

That idea would still promote piracy. The owner could then sell their game and also make profit a long with piracy, which is even worse.
Maximum of one pirated copy for every sold game is not bad, compared to e.g. the Wii at the moment, on which there is a limitless supply of pirated copies, regardless of how many copies are legitimately bought. The vast majority of people who buy games won't dump them and pass/sell them on I reckon.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I think being able to play on a Television would be a good idea....the PSP had an AV out port...why can't the 3DS? Though you would loose any potential 3D functionality unless there were compatible 3D TV's. Whoever said being able to play it on a TV would loose it's portability doesn't know what they're talking about and that makes no sense....as I said look at the PSP!

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ritsuki said:
QUOTE said:

What about PSP Go!, DSi/Wii Ware, Playstation Mini-Games and complete games downloadable through PSN ? If you can't run unauthorised code on the 3DS, you can give all the download you want, it won't change anything.
and what about those?
all of those were meant with DRM in mind attached to it

regular DS and GBA games dont have any such thing as they wernt meant to be stored/copied
MS got around this by requiring the legit disc of the game in a drive to play the game stored

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, What happened? Are you okay? +1